Thrustmaster TX FFB help needed

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Icarus, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Icarus

Icarus Registered

I have just tried rfactor 2 for the first time and there is almost no FFB at all. What Thrustmaster control panel settings does this game require? And do any TX/T300 users have some settings I can try? :confused:

2. Icarus

Icarus Registered

OK, I have set my wheel settings to:

Overall strength of all forces 100%
    Constant 100%
    Periodic 100%
    Spring 0%
    Damper 0%

FFB Minimum Torque to 1.5. The Camaro GT3, Porsche flat6 and Corvette GT2 feel pretty good. The Civic feels good but there is too much difference between cornering (which feels great) and acceleration which feels too light. Upping the minimum FFB torque didn't seem to fix this, maybe it's supposed to feel this way? And from a standstill the steering is way too heavy, it's ok when I'm moving.

One problem I have is the Formula Renault 2014 and the Civic seem to want to turn in by themselves, almost like the FFB reverses.

3. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

The Civic is a Front wheel driven car, so yes it has to feel different. The feeling that it turns by itself if you are on throttle is called "torque steering".
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torque_steering

Also heavy FFB while standing still is correct. Try turning the wheel in your real car when standing still, if your car has power steering turn the motor off.

4. Icarus

Icarus Registered

Thanks, I know all about torque steering, I once test drove a front wheel drive Cadillac, the wheel would pull from side to side at full acceleration, needless to say I bought a Lexus. And I drive a front wheel drive car IRL. But my point is the wheel seems to "fall" in to the turn rather than a feeling of torque steer, the Formula Renault does it too. And the gap from good turning weight to almost no weight is very sharp, maybe that's how they feel on the track, I've never driven a race car.

And the stationary wheel weight is like when I owned a 72 Chevy Impala and the power steering pump went, ok it's not quite that bad(but not far off), but it's far too heavy, unless all these cars don't have power steering maybe? It's just a minor problem, but fixing this may help me achieve the perfect FFB.

Cheers.