5 monitors and multiview

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by paullv, Jan 14, 2016.

1. paullv

paullv Registered

Hi all, i've moved from a three screen setup to a five screen portrait setup.

The current resolution (with bezel correction) is 6049x1920

The problem is that when I select the above resolution in rf2's control panel, the 'multiview' option is grayed out'

I can only activate 'multiview' if I set the resolution to 6069x1600. The game then runs perfect in 'Windowed mode'. If I choose 'fullscreen', the picture will be stretched which looks ugly. (see the attached photo)

My question is that can I activate 'multiview' with the native resolution of 6049x1920? P.S. I can do so in Asseto Corsa.

View attachment 19047

The second question is that is there any way to modify the config file and let rF2 render 5 cams? The current 'multivew' methord only render 3 cams.

I also play flight simulator. Both FSX and P3D allow the users to modify the cam file and render multiple cams at the same time. See the attached photo:
    View attachment 19048
    Can I do the same thing with rF2?

Thanks.

P.S. bezel is not a problem at all:
    View attachment 19070

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2016
  2. chrisbmxr

chrisbmxr Registered

3. paullv

paullv Registered

Hi Chris check the link below for multiview in FSX and P3d:
    http://www.mycockpit.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23199

I've upgrated to P3d V3 now. Much better multiview support and much more stable than FSX.

You need to caculate the correct FOV first (http://www.projectimmersion.com/fov/), and then use the Windowmaker tool to caculate the data for the cam. file for P3d and FSX.

The most simple way to do is to modify the line for virtual cockpit in the cam. file, for example, change it from 1.0 to 0.72xxxx. Then, start the game and add three new views (all virtual cockpit view, one for each monitor). Now use your mouse and keyboard to streach and rotate the two side views... In p3d v3, you can select 'panel Only' to blackout the original window (window 00) to improve performance.

I am using i5 3570 + HD7870. rF2 can run between 50-60 fps (with shadows off, AA off). rF1 will never dorp below 60fps with all display settings set to full or high + AA

I used to run GTX 780 with three monitors. But Nvidia card only support up to 4 monitors unless you do SLI.

I am waitting for the new Polaris GPU from AMD. I am sure it will be able to handle rF2 with 5 monitors.

AMD R9 390x eats too much electrisity and Fury is an experiment product!

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2016
  4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Are those portrait monitors?!

5. paullv

paullv Registered

Yes, 3 x Dell U2415 and 2 x Dell 2412m

6. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Sorry I don't have any useful information.

But I came to say: My god that is pretty !

In a flight sim that must be wonderful, really

7. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Wow, 5 viewpoints on a fairly standard CPU. I assumed that you'd start to run into issues with CPU power with that setup but it looks like the video cards are carrying the load well.

8. paullv

paullv Registered

Are there any plan from the ISI to add 5 monitor multiview support?

5 portrait setup is way better than triple monitors or one single 4k big screen, or projector.... Also there is no problem to run rF2 smoothly with mainstream AMD graphic cards like R9 380 and R9 390. Even my 7870 can hold 50-60 FPS...

Please....it is not a big job for ISI! Please add this new feature to rF2.

View attachment 19068

View attachment 19069

9. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Maybe you should email support directly !

10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Trivialising putting in a feature, doesn't make it appear faster. How do you know it would be "easy to implement"?

11. Panigale

Panigale Banned

@Paullv, FWIW I would love to see this setup supported OOB. Probably won't happen but never know...

12. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

These are the kind of statements that drive software developers crazy. :)

You can't say it's not a big job until you understand the underlying code and how it is optimized nor the restrictions (or lack of) in the libraries that ISI are using. Creating 5 independent viewpoints in real-time isn't trivial. Heck, pCARS released with no multiview support at all because they couldn't do it in time (and IIRC it's still missing).