Track doesn't light up

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by steveluppino, Jan 8, 2016.

1. steveluppino

steveluppino Registered

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the racesurface to light up with lights that have been set in the scn. file. I have the right amount of lights on each segment of track and omni is set in tags of each track gmt. but the track won't light up. Can someone help with this?

Thanks.

2. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

what program are you using?

3. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

need to set racesurface with tag "lit at night", and or anything else you want to see at night

4. steveluppino

steveluppino Registered

I already did that.

Is there an order the racesurfaces have to be in, eg. Racesurface_01,...02,...03, etc. and do they have to coincide with the light no. order as well, eg, racesurface_01 = nightlight01-04?

5. steveluppino

steveluppino Registered

I am using 3dsimed, I try to set tags on scene when I export it and reimport the scene, the objects don't keep their "lit at night properties". I imported one track gmt seperately, and set the tag then it exports ok. I tried running it with the single track but it didn't light. Do all the tracks have to be set as well?

6. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Do the car headlights light up the track?

The tags can look like that if your going all visible objects/set tags. How does each track object look in the instance roll out?

7. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

easiest way in Simed is to open your .gmts as an object and then while holding down control and left mouse button , draw a square around your objects and then release the left mouse button..then click objects/set tags...in there you can set "lit at night" (this way you can do multiple .gmts in 1 go)

8. steveluppino

steveluppino Registered

Thanks for your help. They are working now. I have another problem though with the lights reflecting on the cockpit body. all the lights light the body in tracking views around the track when only a few light on the cockpit around the track in cockpit view, I'm not too sure in what file to look for this one.

9. redapg

redapg Registered

@steveluppino: Are you talking about Nightlights?
    And you don't see the Shine of the Nightlights on the Track-Surface?

10. steveluppino

steveluppino Registered

No, the carbody in cockpit it was. I had different lod settings in carbody and cockpit. When I change the lod to the same they worked.

11. redapg

redapg Registered

My post was meant as answer to your opening Post, but because we've posted at the absolut same time (1:51 pm)... :)

12. steveluppino

steveluppino Registered

I'm seeing the night glow on the track and the car, but I noticed the gloss on the car body is much less than during day session. Even if you turn up fresnel reflect on the shader the car body still won't shine as much during night sessions. Does anyone know what is causing this?