Need Help with Graphics Card Memory for rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by TheWelshLad, Jan 6, 2016.

1. TheWelshLad

TheWelshLad Registered

Hi Everyone

Recently I added a extra 4gb of ram to my PC and other games benefited from it, but when I tried rF2 i got a Startup Error saying, you have less than 512mb of Video Memory (which is from the Graphics Card) I got a Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 5670 1GB GDDR5 Graphics Card, but rF2 is saying that I only have about 290MB on the Card, I thought it was a glitch at first but my rF2 was lagging and I mean real bad on Any setting and I mean Any, with and without HDR it still lags, before I got about 30-50 fps now I got 10-20 fps, I got a screenshot from GPU-z to confirm this and tried changing the Config.ini file (with no success), make a separate Install (no success still) and i even went onto my BIOS to see if i can increase it (which that setting isn't there because my card is Added and not a onboard card) so i really need help here please

Specs:

Windows 7 64bit Service Pack 1 Build 7601
    Sapphire Radeon HD 5670 1GB GDDR5
    8gb RAM
    1TB+500MB HDD's
    ATI Athlon II X4 620 (2.60Ghz)
    800W PSU

View attachment 18975

Please I really need help on this.

Ron Squire

2. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Can you change it in the config file found in userdata?

does the extra ram match the existing ram?
    all slots filled?

3. Joe Campana

Joe Campana Registered

Hi - I've probably posted this in the past, but just a reminder - those reported memory numbers in config.ini are not used for anything. Changing them has no effect on anything.

4. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

Now that you mention it yeah I do remember,I may even have asked the question in the past...........

Which kinda leads to the question why bother putting them in the config then?

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Never ever has in any gmotor I can recall.

Except stuff like GTR or GTL.

If you let it do default it sets it to 0 or 1 for detail ( because it does not read the video ram or memory correct , so it sets ridiculously low settings ) ....... okay.

Then , when you run GTR or GTL they will show you warnings ( red ) on graphics settings that are deemed too high................ even if you have a GTX970.

Always set 3 , no matter what the card if you do not want those warnings.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2016