Opinions on Assetto Corsa Physics (1.4)

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by PearceYaussy, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

I can't find screenshots videos or even the conversion itself.

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Because it's easier to fit in the argument and the bandwagon always has room :p. But it doesn't help you pick a mod of unknown origins and one from MAK, it won't be showing the best from either side. AC is at least very superior to SCE, but there are aspects of the driving itself that bother me. I would play more if it wasn't for 1- Destroyed online with 3 badly pieced DLC 2- The more interesting cars are too difficult to drive and never last or make it to multiplayer.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
  3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Hang on a minute lol

I have never suggested anything is valid or more correct other then " what I feel " on a purely personal level ?

I not going to spend my life worrying what you or anyone else thinks.

You should do the same. :)

4. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Yep... Correcting misinformation (my pet peeve), I find more than called for, but if someone just doesn't care for something, hey it's their loss. ;)
    On a general note.
    Example: "AC is crap" ...no, you think for what ever reason that this is the case, that is merely your opinion.
    Example 2: "rF2 AI is terrible" ...no, that is for some odd reason your experience, and let's try to find out why, but never the less incomparison to industry standards, rF2 AI is not terrible.
    Example 3: "sim x is the best sim in the world" Loaded statement, your opinion, I share/do not share the sentiment... let's leave it at that.

Try to make a similar claim contrary to scientific proof, well then you are just being ignorent. If you start stating anything as a fact, do some research before starting any statement with anything but "In my opinion...".

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
  5. QUF

QUF Registered

About right, Golanv. Some people in this thread be like: "nice one pearce, you're right, round of applauses. AC simcade unrealistic hurrr". Then in the 'Bout had it with this AI...' thread some people be like: "Are you out of your mind, you must be doing something wrong, end of discussion.".

;) You know, some people always tend to go with what suits their agenda. No consistency.

6. Golanv

Golanv Registered

It's easy to play for "team me" when all you need is to beef up that narcissism cup from mug to pint and go with the most popular song on the forum.
    http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/03/the-internet-narcissism-epidemic/274336/

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

8. Frenz

Frenz Registered

AC is really unconvincing compared to rf2 and I wish some people could admit to themselves that they prefer licenses and car models over driving simulation instead of pretending that AC is something that it's not.

9. muckymu

muckymu Registered

Thank god for your backed up input, your feedback was really needed.

10. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Statements like that are really empty in content. You wish that people would come to see AC as you do? Why? You failed to mention, what "it's not"? Keep in mind that if you make a claim, would be nice to see something to back it up, unless you merely forgot the "In my opinion" from your original post, in which case, again... Why?

11. Frenz

Frenz Registered

No problem. I'm glad that there's a thread where I can share my opinions on Asseto Corsa's physics.

12. Frenz

Frenz Registered

Labeling a statement that is clearly an opinion, as an opinion, in a thread dedicated to sharing opinions isn't called for.

13. Marketcrash16

Marketcrash16 Registered

Assetto Corsa is a fantastic game...but there are areas it needs to improve to equal the driving experience of RF2. In defense of AC though, RF2 is the best in the business. I look at separate issues in AC...driving within grip levels and outside of grip levels. Ac does some things in both cases that sort of ruin the immersion for me. I do think they'll eventually get there, but the console release has me a bit worried. Netkar was excellent and that is what gives me hope for the future.

14. Frenz

Frenz Registered

This is my experience as well. AC is pretty bare bones compared to GT/Forza on the consoles but I'm sure they'll still make money. I can't comment on Nkp personally but you're not the only one I've seen who says it has better physics than AC. I'm pessimistic that the physics or ffb will change much: the strengths and priorities of the dev team seem clear at this point. Isi is the same in this regard, though their strengths and priorities are different and I love them for it.

15. Marketcrash16

Marketcrash16 Registered

Give Netkar pro a shot...it's freeware now.

16. Frenz

Frenz Registered

I've kept it in mind due to word of mouth but my sim racing time is really limited these days. Same with rbr

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Leave it downloading as you do other things and allocate 45-60 minutes to just drive around in one of their cars. The setup page isn't the friendliest but you won't regret it.

Download nKP v1.3 here: http://kunos.convergenze.it/setupnkp13_final.exe
    Activation code: 8Y4004103M471841P

18. Frenz

Frenz Registered

Thanks I'll check it out. I actually did several years ago but I wasn't able to finish configuring it before losing patience and trying out LFS, I think.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2016
  19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

A recent development in Assetto and its updates is the fallout of mods. There are maybe a handful of cars, or less, that are on the latest specs and tires. The very large volatility of modders is a bit worrisome because with new updates that break things, often times a group has disbanded and the car is left in oblivion. There are 4 cars I am awaiting for updates (1991 Mazda 787B, 1998 McLaren, 2014 Formula Renault and the release of Porsche 962C) but the middle two have been in very extensive waiting. The base content itself has almost all cars on tire model 5, instead of the latest 6.

Assetto is the game with the most cars I wish to drive, but it is not the game I want to drive the most. Stefano seems to do whatever he wants and doesn't listen to anyone, and I fear for the future of AC given such volatility (that word again). I really am looking forward to focus to return on the PC side so I can partake in a league, even if it's not running the cars I want to. As it stands, it can still be quite fun but it could be even more.

20. Gevatter

Gevatter Registered

What still baffels me, reading through this thread, is why some of you are griping over the physics in Assetto Corsa and the game itself soo soo much. No one forces you to play or even recognize it. Does it influence you negatively in any way?

I don't wanna seem hostile, I just honestly don't get it. Please enlighten me.