Opinions on Assetto Corsa Physics (1.4)

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by PearceYaussy, Jan 2, 2016.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

You may have your views and are entitled to them Golanv but name calling is nothing more than childish and low, no need for it whatsoever...

2. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I think you need to do some reading before making assumptions of what is fact and what is fiction, especially if you decide to present them as facts rather than your opinions.
    http://rfactor.net/web/termsofuse/

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Well said. Any discussion dies a quick embarrassing death as soon as people start with the name calling.
    It's not a proper way to communicate or get any views across.

4. Golanv

Golanv Registered

"Name calling"... Prove me wrong.

git
    ɡɪt/
    nounBRITISHinformal
    an unpleasant or contemptible person.
    "that mean old git"

Back to the topic.
    Without doing any comparison off franchise, 1.4 physics are almost a linear progression of improvement for Assetto Corsa physics. Fine details in vehicle dynamics are coming through better and better. At the moment, there is a lot of tyre models in play, since it does take so long to update every vehicle with the new model (v.6 I believe), but what seen so far, the tyre model is absolutely fantastic.
    I can not remember a time when a sim had this kind of variety of vehicles, and every single one of them was such a joy to drive and learn how they behave.

Potential bugs aside, there is pretty much only one thing I would like to see, when talking about AC driving experience. This is also a reason for many uneducated comments about the sim, and that is the track grip levels.
    For example, the best grip setting should never be used if you want to recreate realistic conditions. It has been stated by Kunos that it is a theoretical perfection and obviously things stick to the road like a bad habbit at that point.
    If you keep this in mind, and select weather and track surface accordingly, definitely top 3 sim of all time for mere driving pleasure and physics.
    Concerning the track grip settings, personally I would like to see more differences between green and lets say dusty track condition. It is really hard to say what it should be when it's called dusty or green per se, especially when the grip level progression while driving is taken in to count, but more defined options at the slippery end of things would be nice.

Other than that, there is not much to say. Business as usual. As many times they have already, Kunos keeps pleasently surpricing yours truly, so I don't see anything but good things in the near future.

5. FauxPo

FauxPo Registered

Cute! Pretending to take the moral high ground. Good luck with that.

Seems you're wasting your time with some of this lot, Golanv. Still, it's been revealing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2016
  6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Back on topic...............

[​IMG]

hehehe p

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Take the F2002, with FFB setting of gain to 100%, curb to 40%, road and slip to 20% (initial assessment, similar to SCE feel) around one of the game's proper tracks. Make sure TC is not just set to 1/5 too.

8. Miro

Miro Registered

As a sim for me it is worthless as long rf2 is available. I can have a little fun in it yes, for a short time, but that's it.

9. lamo

lamo Registered

This...!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9100 mit Tapatalk

10. FauxPo

FauxPo Registered

LOL. Behave!

11. tjc

tjc Registered

Yes! Is this in game...? :p

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Almost thought so a few times. lol ;)

Yep ;)

The best feeling cars are good but too few and far between.

Many are too similar to drive.
    Squirt and point, lift 5% to regain grip back, etc.
    Driving GT3's I could easy forget which car I am in.

I can't think of 2 cars in rF2 feel anywhere close to similar.

That is down to physics, nothing else.

==========

Just do my test will ya. :rolleyes: ( asked 10 times not a single person tests or comments

1960s F1 ( no wings) in 3 sims at Historic Monza

At full speed let all 3 under-steer into Variante Ascari.
    Then at last moment fight/coax them back to control.

Result: 2 are childsplay 1 is difficult.

That tells me all I need to know about Historic physics thanks very muchly.

13. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

I would sign this (for now). They made huge progress and are a beauty for the eyes.

But i focus on simulation, feedback and realism physics wise. Those are fun to drive, but not as realistic as rF is. Even rF1 had more realism. Plus i dont like their input latency which is a lot higher. Anyway catching some powerfull cars and do some laps on their beautiful spa does make a lot of fun. Doing this on something like a monthly base.

rF2 is my swiss army knife for daily work were ac is for beauty like beeing one of ten girlfriends which you met from time to time :D

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I can agree with that !

RF2 tosses up the odd fugly.

[​IMG]

lol ;)

15. QUF

QUF Registered

I agree with you all. This video shows AC as simcade or just unrealistic physics. But if both cars and the driving behave so similarly in this video, that would make rf2 simcade as well, am I right?

16. stonec

stonec Registered

It shows nothing about the physics. If the guy would at least be driving on limit instead of cruising, we could perhaps make some weak conclusions. But even then it's just one mod ported from one game to the other, we have no idea if it uses any of the specific rF2 tech (CPM, flexi chassis, etc). Better would be to compare the same original content car in both games and let someone like Spinelli make a video of it who actually drives on the limit.

17. QUF

QUF Registered

Ok not through a video, but if this video isn't valid, which you'd classify as subjective comparison, why consider so valid the opinions of other guys here who also just rely on their subjective opinion while driving a sim and comparing to another sim they used? That's what is interesting. I see opinions talking about such a disparity between rf2 and AC, and then I show them a video with practically equivalent car behavior, and say it isn't valid, but writing some posts in the forum saying AC isn't good (Mrslfrsl, lamo, DurgeDriven, Gonzo) is valid out of sudden.

Stonec, why didn't you comment before on their opinions, but now when I post this video you need to tell I'm wrong.

Either way, you can tell what you want but I've never seen a comparison video between rf2 x forza/gran turismo look so similar as rf2 x assetto.

18. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

To which platform has their spa being converted and how is the quality? Codemasters conversions in rf2 looked disappointing.

19. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Propably because this video is BS.

Never EVER saw a comparison video between rF2 and Forza/GT! Wouldn´t make any sense anyway, because this comparison vids are useless and say nothing!
    Grow up!

20. QUF

QUF Registered

You mean that people who convert AC tracks to rf2 have a lower quality in rf2 compared to the original track in AC? I guess so, because the "modder" who converted laserscanned tracks from AC to rf2 took the visual mesh model and multiplied the number of polygons.