on the fence

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spankthemunkey1, Dec 31, 2015.

1. spankthemunkey1

spankthemunkey1 Registered

hi guys, i thought i would join the forums to get some help, i am thinking about purchasing R-Factor2 and i am after some advice, i do not do online racing at the moment but probably will in the future. i notice if i buy the steam version i buy the base game and there is an add on which is a separate amount, my questions are 1, can i install mods like the flat 6 mod if i do not have the multi-player add on to the game, is it worth getting the add on? as i said i do not race online at the moment simply because i am just learning my driving craft.
    2, i have an i7 4770k a r9-290x lightning graphics card 16gigs ram running samsung ssd, i am running triple 27" 1080p monitors. can i get r-factor2 looking and playing good with this spec??
    thanks in advance for any replies

2. naifexx

naifexx Registered

Yes to Both :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2015
  3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

All mods work offline as well as online. The AI in rF2 is the best available and works pretty well to get grounded and ready for racing against humans online.

There are groups that cater to beginners, but you have the right idea which is to make sure you know what you're doing offline, first.

If your budget is tight, get the normal version and then you can add-on the multiplayer whenever you are ready. If you can afford it, just go ahead and get lifetime and then you don't have to think about it again. I say that because you have an expensive gaming set-up AND because I presume you will try the rF2 demo to make sure it runs to your satisfaction. No need to buy even the basic version to confirm the essentials.

And the Flat-6 mod is worth the price of rF2 alone...

4. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

.and the price of AC and pCars and ..........

lol ;)

Serious though you have 7 days to test and get a refund.

If the full price is tight for you you can still online for 4 years from now and you won't pay anymore then life.

I seriously hope ISI have a new greenlight sim by then.

6. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Missread.

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Registered

Any rumors on new gen graphics version?
    Next year, two years, not planned... ?

8. spankthemunkey1

spankthemunkey1 Registered

thankyou guys for the replies, i have assetto corsa, project cars race 07 and have some raceroom content. i have read and heard both good and bad from the sim community about r-factor2, i suppose it depends on what is someones favorite sim whether they give good or bad feedback on a game so i don't look too deeply into what is said. assetto corsa is ok, and i don't know what it is but i do not keep going to it very often. project cars well its ok to learn tracks i think and can look pretty but keeps suffering too many issues. i want to learn a decent sim and don't mind educating myself while learning. i have heard that there is a hell of a lot to learn about in r-factor2. i am just waiting on buying a cockpit so i can jump into a decent rig and put the time into a sim. i want to be able to basically set everything up with my system/rig once and go from there.
    i have been told that with trial and error that you can get things set up graphically to look as nice as assetto corsa and still be able to get decent fps with triples, lots of tinkering. will try the demo and go from there i think.

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Based on this, you want rF2. You are part of the 1% niche who will appreciate it and put in the time to get it configured. Hopefully over time the UI and configuration will become more user-friendly and intuitive and maybe we'll reach 5%. It will never be a mass-appeal product, though.