T500RS - Will Not Power On

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by DAIR, Dec 30, 2015.

1. DAIR

DAIR Registered

Morning/Afternoon/Evening Everyone

I've searched high and low and have yet to solve my current issue.

My TM T500RS has recently stopped working. One day it just wouldnt turn on, despite the power pack appearing to on. I contacted TM and they suggested that I may require a new power pack. So I ordered one.

The power pack came yesterday. Imagine my disappointment when the wheel failed to load up after connecting it to the new power pack lol.

So anyway. Wheel is completely unresponsive. And as a result my PC cannot pick it up.

Have any of you experienced similar?
    Thanks

2. Redglyph

Redglyph Registered

Hi there,

I had a similar problem a while ago, at least the symptoms were similar, and the problem was the USB port. Just in case you haven't checked that already, check on another port or even better, on another PC (you may have to install the driver).

It seems this wheel won't give any sign of life unless the driver switches it on.

Hope it helps, good luck!

3. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

If its out of warranty feel free to open it and check contacts. There is a PCB inside the power leads into, pretty easy to see. Ive opened my T500 several times already, few times as part of instructions from TM customer support

4. Natureboy

Natureboy Registered

Maybe the wheel lost its firmware. If so, the red light will come on and the wheel will be totally dead to the computer. You can try the boot loader method from thrustmaster, and may have to use a usb 2.0 port to do so.

5. tpw

tpw Registered

The magic smoke didn't sneak out of it when you weren't looking did it? Smell any burnt electrical smell if you pout your nose to the vents?