SOLVED BSOD System Service Exception dxgmms2.sys error

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by WhiteShadow, Dec 29, 2015.

1. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Ive been getting BSOD System Service Exception dxgmms2.sys when playing rFactor2(Steam) online with more then + 22 players.

Caused by dxgmms2.sys ( dxgmms2!VIDMM_CPU_HOST_APERTURE::UnmapRange+3a )which seems to indicate a problem with the graphics driver but the graphics driver works fine with everything(games) else.
    I have tested GeForce Game Ready Drivers 353,30, 353.45, 353.62, 355.60, 355.98, 358.50, 358.87, 358.91, 359.00, 359.06 and 361.43 and get this error with all of released GeForce Game Ready Driver`s & build 1036.

Could some of ISI devs give me some feedback what can be cause to this problem please ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2016
  2. Cselt

Cselt Member

Could you please tell me what was the solution? I'm facing with the same issue, and can't find any solution.
    I have a GeForce GTX 760, Windows 10, rFactor 2 Steam version.

3. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

4. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Glad that solved your issue Whiteshadow, but isnt it more a workaround? A few of my friends have had the same issue, non-steam users.
    It was happening randomly when there were 40+ real drivers....to try and replicate the issue after the race had finished the only thing I could do was setup a server with 40 AI drivers...we then had no problems connecting, so we thought maybe it was a problem with the event server...but we will never know I guess until it happens again....

5. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Yes it is a workaround. There is nothing wrong with rFactor2 this is windows build error and it seems to happen when there is +25 drivers logged in to server. The best solution is not to allow more than max 25 clients.
    Future windows and Nvidia driver update is going to solve this issue.
    :(

6. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Yes, Ive done a lot of digging around this morning....Nvidia drivers coupled with the latest build of Win10 seems to be causing the issue....might try out that tool in the meantime, cheers for posting it ;)

7. Cselt

Cselt Member

Unfortunatelly TDR Manipulator did not solve my problem :( I tried to disable, enable and big timeouts, nothing works. This is really frustrating...
    Can anyone help with this?

8. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered