[WIP] Spec Racer Ford

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by MrSlowly, Dec 29, 2015.

1. MrSlowly

MrSlowly Registered

After a binge a couple of weeks back on a certain online simulator, I fell in love with this car and how competitive the races can be, so I decided to create one for rFactor 2.

The prime goal of this project is to create something philosophically similar to what the SCCA SRF racing league is: a competition between nearly identical cars, with little adjustment capabilities, little power and loads of fun side by side action.

It's still very early in development (I'm still messing with suspension and am just now finishing the new tires for this bad boy), but if you want to try it *cough*be a lab rat*cough*, drop me a PM and we can arrange something.

Right now I'm also looking for someone who can do/convert the 3d model for this car, and someone who cand do sounds, as it is still using the assets from ISI's Skippy. PM me if you're interested.

Releases will appear as I it reaches a state I deem publishable.

Hope this will be a fun ride for all of us.

Happy racing,
    João

Sebastien Sestacq likes this.
  2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Hey João, that car was nice in iRacing. Boa sorte, I hope you can get it to a good state!

ps: You didn't show up to any league races :p

3. MrSlowly

MrSlowly Registered

Slowly getting it there, will try to make everyone expecting it happy :D

ps: Unforeseeable circumstances came up and I wasn't able to attend the races (that and a crappy pc), will be sure to hit you up when I'm sure I can race

pps: Call me Will Power xD

4. RaceDoedel

RaceDoedel Registered

I drove this spec racer Ford today on a " certain online simulator" and I can say yes its a very funny car.
    Would be great to see if you can bring this to rf2.

Its not a fast car, but very difficult to handle.

So +1 for this project. Good luck !

5. SripleTix

SripleTix Registered

One of two reasons (second is now, when we have Skippy here, Solstice ;) ) why I am coming back to iRacing at least for 3 months every year. Bring it on please :)

6. call-911

call-911 Registered

I'm VERY interested in this!! I host(ed) a league in rF1 with the Spec Racer Ford v2.2 mod and it's a blast! Spec cars with limited horsepower (momentum racing) and limited set up options is a blast for those who want to have fun racing with very limited sim racing time. Count me in!! Do you plan on releasing the cars with the legacy specs or the Gen3 specs which have more HP and grip in real life? I have contacts at SCCA Enterprises who can get you technical information if you need it.

7. MrSlowly

MrSlowly Registered

As a first step, I plan on releasing just the Gen3 spec SRF, but later I plan to do both the Gen2 and the Spec Racer Renault (some extrapolation will be necessary there).

Enough horsepower to spin you around, not enough to make you go very fast. Focus on technique and consistency rather than a better setup or car choice, that's what I'm aiming at.

8. Justy

Justy Registered

This sounds awesome! This car is one of my favourites from iRacing, the racing is always so close and exciting. Cannot wait for this to come to rF2.

Best of luck with this project and THANKYOU!

9. thoraxe

thoraxe Registered

Did anything ever come of the Spec Racer Ford project?

10. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

I like the car on ir, with the heavy wheel big ffb, and the car enough player:)
    courage has you!!

Guimengo likes this.