Tire Wear (and Fuel Usage) multipliers. Available options don't make much sense.

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by Euskotracks, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Hi everybody

I would like to ask to ISI devs to review the available options for tire and fuel usage multipliers.
    The available options for both are the following:
    0x ; 1x ; 2x ; 3x ; 4x ; 5x ; 6x ; 7x

I think it is pretty obvious that both fuel and tires are the main reasons to make a pitstop.
    At the moment it is very difficult to tune this values to match a desired strategy.

If we find that normal tire wear is a bit high we have no choice except disallowing it, which is for sure not a good solution.
    In some cases we can modify the vehicle to adjust it but there are some mods where main files are encrypted.

On the other hand, if we find it a bit low we have to multiply it minimally by 2 which is too much in many cases.However, we are given the possibility to use up to 7x!!! Whoever put this value in the options wasn't in his best shape that day.
    It should be noted that for some people in our community tire wear has been a single cause to abandon rF2 in favour of other sims.
    Being unable to relax this a little bit isn't doint any good to either the leagues and rfactor community in general.

I would propose to use the same values as RealRoad Time Scale in the lower end which make much more sense and cover satisfactorily the whole range.
    0x ; 0.1x ; 0.2x ; 0.3x ; 0.4x ; 0.5x ; 0.6x ; 0.7x ; 0.8x ; 0.9x ; 1x ; 1.5x ; 2x ; 3x ; 4x ; 5x ; 6x ; 7x

Thanks for attending this wish.

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Just going None, .5, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3 should be enough. I doubt there is any data on usage, I can't see the 4-7x options being used, maybe they were a mimicked code from fuel consumption.

3. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I disagree. Doing so is a partial solution. Using a slider with a 0.1 resolution from 0 to 5 would be a definitive solution. Everyone picks the value that he wants without restrictions.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

4. lagg

lagg Registered

Taking in account that these values are multipliers, i don't understand the reason to limit to a list.
    It would be better to use any value from 0 to 10 (for example), with a resolution of 0.1 (for example).
    In my opinion, this would be a complete solution.

Note: We use the 4X option in our current championship.

5. DuRiN

DuRiN Registered

think this could be great...+1 to this proposal

6. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Agree 100%. No better example than the just released 2014 V8 mod. Tyre wear is insane if not driving like a hardened professional. Yes we would all like to drive as good as a professional however some of just never get to that sort of standard. Players will shy away from Rf2 as you say because of this. Your request is a perfect way to still use these excellent mods.

7. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

+1

I also think it would be better to use any value from 0 to 10.
    If not possible, I would like as follows:

0.1x ; 0.2x ; 0.3x ; 0.4x ; 0.5x ; 0.6x ; 0.7x ; 0.8x ; 0.9x ; 1x ; 1.2x ; 1.4x ; 1.6x ; 1.8x ; 2x ; 2.5x ; 3x ; 3.5x ; 4x ; 4.5x ; 5x

8. peterchen

peterchen Registered

+1
    Always asked myself why there isn´t a value to reduce tyre-wear....

9. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

+1 this would be a very good solution for mods with high tyrewear

10. peterchen

peterchen Registered

After now doing league-races after years again, I must say that the realism you are forced to handle with is outstanding, rewarding (if you learned it) and can be a good thing.
    On the other hand: a wear-limiter would attract lots of people for whom rF2 is too hardcore.....

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Or to address issues when some cars have wear that is higher than it should be