"Racing Game Monitor" from BenQ

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marc Collins, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Axe

Axe Registered

example:

2. Minibull

Minibull Member

I don't see sims as finding the same benefits as other, more "normal" games.

I don't see how we will see massive improvements in performance when it's the physics calculations that are so intensive. 25 ai cars plus yours, fair bit of ai processing, and ai physics, and then yours.
    I would welcome it of course, and I'm just in with the others that don't have a huge deal of insight into what it gives.

You can see the impact player physics take when using time acceleration. Put on ai control, it goes super quick, have player control, he'll of a lot slower

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I can see it being especially helpful on frames per second, easing the load. Maybe there would be a benefit of slightly better graphics by the way it handles shadows or certain reflections, who knows, but if I could keep the same graphical fidelity with 25% more FPS, I'd be happy.

4. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

The video shows difference in drawcalls efficiency - one of the things DX12 excels the most at. the number of drawcalls is determined by the number of individual objects (GTMs in gMotors case) and the number the individual material IDs assigned to those GMTs. It can be very well optimized (which in case of ISI content is) to such extent that DX11 vs DX12 the ISIs content would make very little difference. THe main difference in fps if ISI went away from DX9 to anything above would come from other technologies like real time reflections, picture in picture (mirrors), cube map blurs, hopefully physically based rendering. In case of rFactor2, difference between DX11 and DX12 would be minimal. Atleast at the current time where the drivers still have miles to improve.

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I meant the difference between now and either DX11 or 12.

6. Minibull

Minibull Member

Isn't it already a physically based render? With the albedo value stuff, the sun giving the scene light, etc?

7. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

I basically already covered that in my post before the previous. The biggest difference would come from mirrors (wether improvements in FPS or keeping same FPS but drastically improving the mirror picture quality) and all sorts of playing with reflections. some new Anti aliasings would be also available.. so ye.. would be good, but it wouldnt make a world of difference and the FPS gain wouldnt be too significant in case of rF2, ISImotor simply doesnt have the features that would make the difference at the moment... So currently as i said the biggest few things rf2 is missing out on due to old DX is crappy mirror picture quality, reflections are not very optimized and there is no reflection blur and we have to run driver Anti Aliasing to stop rf2 from looking jaggy. Than of course its the physically based rendering (which is essentially a set of shaders that are very well optimized as they are using new DX features that "Legacy shaders" dont use, they also make it possible for the artist to achieve much more realistic looks, but it is more difficult to do so- examples : Star wars battlefront looks amazing, War Thunder looks like crap (environment) - they both use physically based rendering, but SWB is made by artists who know what they are doing)

8. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Up to 100Hz with Gsync , nice.

I like this curved idea rather then bezels.

10. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

lol

I never said a perfect cockpit view is not great or something to strive for or a that a curved screen is a aid.

I was talking about any HUDS on my screen from a immersion perspective , 1 or 3 screens, more so in Historic cars before LCDs, etc.

Do I think virtual mirrors is a aid, yes and I see a lot of 3 screen setups use them.

I use a look back button, yes ! I also use a aid see ! lool
    (still you have to actually push a button to use it beside not being able to see where you are going at the time ) hehehe

So because I said I think Virtual mirrors is a aid people assume I don't use any of them and somehow I think they are what ? I dunno someone will have to tell me what I think.

I was just stating my preference in reply to the Helicorsa .........I like a clear screen no Huds , 3rd party tools or help or virtual mirrors.

12. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

What you wrote is: "Personally I think 3 screens is a aid as well." and it is most hilarious statement I have ever read in ISI forums. :rolleyes:

13. Golanv

Golanv Registered

With the U.S. price for this monitor, you get two Oculus Rifts, or one OR and 980Ti

14. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

I did have to sell a kidney but what the hell life is short.

15. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Indeed, I divorced and now I can buy all toys I like :)

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

With that kind of setup, you could get a comfy simrig and simply lie there watching movies, when not playing. Must be awesome. Personal IMAX.

17. 64r

64r Registered

I've been thinking about getting 3 of these myself, can you give any details on what they are like (real world in rf2 instead of web reviews). If you had a photo of the setup that would be great as I'd like to see what they look like when side by side, especially due to the curve factor, have you got the monitors in one continuous curve or some other setup?

18. Golanv

Golanv Registered

19. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r Registered

To be fair, the video pretty much backs up his point. And no, 75FPS is not high.