[REL] FVR V8 Supercars 2014-2016 v6.5 Updated- 18 February 2017 - UPDATED FULL INSTALL

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by FlashQld, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

This is what the 2014cars did do. The ratio was changed in 2015 to reduce the limiter time.

2. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

The gear ratios have not been changed, I think it is more the tyres and new settings allowing them to put the power down more effectively. As already stated, this is how the 2014 cars were behaving, and due to worries about the transaxle dropping its load in the enduros, V8 Supercars changed the rear diff drop gear ratios at Sandown and Bathurst. We have changed this for the 2015 update to hopefully reflect the latest settings (due to a current lack of definitive values according to the V8SC technical data :) )

3. mrmat01

mrmat01 Registered

Thanks dbens1 for the explanation. I thought I was getting the power down a little better too:) & put it down to a better tyre.
    Thanks again for sharing you excellent work FVR I had a hand in a V8 mod for NR2003 way back so I know how much time & effort is put in.
    So thank you so very much for giving us a top shelf V8 mod to drive #1 in my book :D

4. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Geez you are stretching the memory when you talk NR2003 V8 mods. Sounds like you are almost as old as me :) I did my own for NR2003, but also collaborated on another one as well but can't think of the name of it. Hopefully the new cars for the rF2 mod will be about soon, I'm just minimising the obsolete parts from them.

5. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Good old NR2003! Still running it, it's like a bad habit (the won't go away part)

6. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

I always install NR2K3 everytime I redo my HD. I think as far as AI racing that sim is pretty good.

7. nultweezes

nultweezes Registered

Are you aware that the links on your site are down?

8. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

No I wasn't - I think it is mediafire playing up. Hold fire - new version hopefully will be up this weekend if all goes well.

9. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Wow I just had a whoops moment - it appears that all of the files are missing. It looks like I may have accidentally deleted them although how I'm not sure. Never fear we are working quickly to rectify the mistake and post the update this weekend whcih will be a full install. Improved physics and tyres, new VF and FGX model that I have been plodding with for many months. We're a long way into a 2016 update as well, so hopefully that won't be too far around the corner.

10. nultweezes

nultweezes Registered

Waiting like a little kid for boxing day.

11. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

It was sometime today on remote content.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2016
  12. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Congrats guys 5.5 is a major improvement over previous version. Not sure what you have done but you should bottle it. The feeling of the car being alive is an understatement.

Now I have an issue trying to decide which V8 AMS or RF2 how awful for me. I guess I will just have to do lots of laps in the cars so I can one day decide if one is better than the other.

Uninstalled all previous first and then downloaded & installed 5.5 from remote content page all went without a problem.

Thanks again for your superb work.

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Wow, the sounds are awesome (not sure if those were updated?)!!!

For me, the self-centring force in the FFB overwhelms all the other forces that are necessary to feel what the car is doing. It is very strong. Everything else is weak or non-existent. Since the person above me more or less just said the complete opposite, that the cars feel "alive," not sure if there is something going on with different hardware? I am using Fanatec CSW and tried the Volvo and the M-B.

14. Eddy

Eddy Registered

I agree with Marc. Tried merc and holden. And using T500. Otherwise great quality mod. Job wel done

15. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Overwhelming ffb centering comes from the very high default caster at 16 deg. Change it to 11 up to 13 and retry. My system is G27 also with srandard ffb in tuning window I set ffb multiplyer to 0.75 and for me all comes alive.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2016
  16. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

17. philman

philman Registered

18. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

19. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

Also on the Remote Content tab for the non Steam version (Steam Workshop version on its way I guess :) )

20. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Steam Workshop was completed on the weekend.

Remote Content

Our website as above.