[REL] FVR V8 Supercars 2014-2016 v6.5 Updated- 18 February 2017 - UPDATED FULL INSTALL

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by FlashQld, Dec 29, 2015.

1. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Just starting to run the 2015 stuff through a test at the moment in house - so shouldn't be too long. I'm guessing this weekend. Then we can add to it after that. Unfortunately we have to do a clean install of the cars this next time round as I did a reinstall and lost all the update progress.

2. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Will the gfx be tweaked? Cars drive good, but models could be a bit higher resoluted.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

3. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

FVR V8 Supercars 2015

Not sure what you mean - the skins are 2048x2048 same as ISI models - if you mean the models having more polys or more more detail. More detail - absolutely not - 5 models has taken way too much of my life. I'm just trying to finish so I can get my life back. Quadify mesh - yes I can do that but I don't think that will do much, I'll look at it though but are you a modder or modeller?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2016
  4. osiris32

osiris32 Registered

Can you release a League edition or something with just 1 rfcmp?

5. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Yeah I think he wanted to say exactly that!
    In my opinion you shoul just give the normals some love and bake better static shadowmaps AND include them into ALL textures. This will increase the overall look. Oh, optimizing the materials could increase the look too!

If you need some inspiration have a look at the recently updated LOLA (we've improved the overall look excactly the way mentioned above) ;)

6. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Thanks for that - yes that I agree.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2016
  7. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Why can't all 5 cars been downloaded as seperates for a league, just asking? Usually leagues have multiple files in their mods anyway. Just asking because I don't league race and Racing-Leagues.com use it and they haven't mentioned it. We did it in smaller files so if we have an issue in one we aren't affecting them all.

8. aerobaticrug

aerobaticrug Registered

All good for our league Flash as you know. Exactly as you pointed out easier to rectify and update 1 car if there's any issue with just one rather than repackage all of them

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

9. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

@Flash ...the way you have it is fine for leagues although I would suggest you set the rfcmp up with Noels "Get Mod"... its very easy to do and you will get more control over your mod

10. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Hm...never experienced such offset myself. But I use Blender and can't say how 3DS is working or maybe "producing" an offset - do you use 3DS?
    Though I remember that using PS with baked shadow textures (with transparent backgrounds) imported as new layer sometimes aren't easy to place precisely because of different layer sizes. Then I needed to put a colored and opaque dot in one corner to ensure a precise positioning due to snapping edges. But with GIMP this wasn't necessary any more as the full image size is used for the layer size, so snapping at image edges always ends in accurate placement. Additionally the Blender-baked shadows have an additional margin of some pixels which avoids ugly edges or transitions.

So I've had a quick look at one mesh now and I'm afraid it looks like it will be a really hard job to redo all normals and the shading to compensate the current deficits. Just a screenshot from 3DSimEd to show the issues of the mesh:
    [​IMG]

Imported in Blender it looks even worse:
    [​IMG]

But the shading isn't that bad - OK it's really required to smooth and refine the normals to reduce artifacts on the static shadow:
    [​IMG]

Here you can see an example with and without shading (just open both in separate windows/tabs and switch quickly between them, you will clearly see the difference!):
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Within the game it looks like this:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

So in the end you can see that the overall depth of shading is increased but still there are strange reflections caused by much too smooth edges/faces. Improving normals would solve issues within the shading and reflections of cause ;)

11. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

I have used the shading before on the cars and we did experiment with it for this mod but as I said it doesn't join on the parts and until that was resolved it was safer not to use them, I am re-looking at them since your message and may get a look at Blender even if it is to just sort this issue out because I agree it is so much better with them. Oh and that model had issues as it was the old car converted into the new model, so its superceded and a new model will replace it. This month it should be released.

12. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

We initially did have a 1 rfcmp package, but we had issues with certain parts (with common names dictated by ISI) being called incorrectly. This has probably been rectified with later builds of Rf2, but it was decided to go with the multiple rfcmp packages. And a VMOD may be the way to go for some league applications :)

13. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Yeah sometimes the first pick isn't the best :D AFAIK you used the Volvo from AndreasFSC right? This model has much better normals but I guess it's simply modeled in a different way ;)

If you have any questions in regard of blender, just post here or send me a PM and I will try to help :cool:

14. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

FVR

Guys fair go - we made a mod, we don't need to be criticised about how we did it. The Volvo is an FVR scratch built by me and was previewed long before the AndreasFSC was released. It is not ripped so pardon me if I seem to be a bit incensed by that comment. I use Max not Blender, I'm not a professional modder and I don't claim to be an expert and truly I probably won't be making any more mods because I'm too old. I understand that it shouldn't do this offset, thats why I don't have them on the car because I don't get it as well but I would fix it if I knew how. It's probably something silly. What i said earlier about the baking - this has happened to me - I know what I am doing and unfortunately this has happened but I am happy with it. People enjoy it, some don't. Please don't pull it apart and post all the things wrong with it, I don't think that is very nice.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2016
  15. jabbado

jabbado Registered

finish him! :)

16. aerobaticrug

aerobaticrug Registered

Well we have 30 regular drivers across 2 series and a 3 hour broadcast from the event on twitch and YouTube, using the mod, so it can't be that bad hey??

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

17. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Sorry Flash but there was no (hidden) critic or offense in my post! I remember that AndreasFSC said he donated his model to others who made a complete V8 mod. And the Volvo's mesh looked much better in game than the Holden's and looked so familiar so I've thought I've put one and one together correctly but now I know I was wrong about this. I just should have checked the wire to be sure about my guess :( and maybe it was stupid guess but I wasn't assuming you've ripped Andreas' model or so! I do EVER think of the good in people first and not of the bad ;) So I'm very sorry if you misunderstood me because of my bad English. But be sure it wasn't meant to be an offense in any way!
    My last post was only meant to be constructive critic and an offer of help because I like to support people by offering help whenever I'm able to - I even would have offered you to rework all your models if I would have the time to do so. But this time I only tried to offer help by giving advises on how to improve your work. I simply was assuming you want to improve your work and like to get help/support in doing this. Guess this was a second mistake all over my last posts. But now I know you don't want get any help from me which is fine by me ;)

18. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

All good mate - if you read my first post on the release page. In my first post for this thread when we announced the release I stated two things. All the cars were scratch built by me including MY Volvo so I did initially take offence that it was assumed from AndreasFSC. Yes Andreas' car was used in two other mods but not FVRFactor mods. Our mods have always been our own cars and this one is no different. We showed videos of our car on track in game when the Andreas one was announced so we could make sure there was no confusion that ours is ours and has been in game prior to the release of Andreas' car. The Commodore which is the one that is being used to demonstrate my inadequacies as a modeler to show all our cars faults with all the bad normals was the one car that I agreed needed replacing as it was mashed together from our previous mod. I've stated this in the first post of this thread to ensure there was no mistaking this fact. It was from our previous mod and was a modified VE Commodore to the new model of car VF Commodore which was not a great transformation but was used to complete the year and so we could release before Christmas. It had it's faults and I already knew that, in fact I admitted it does and our testers have already tried the new car and it features on some of our videos and pictures. Again it is scratch built completely by me and I'm proud that it has its faults as I feel that conversion and purchasing cars is not modding in the true form although it is better than ripping which I have a true aversion to. I appreciate the offer of assistance and if it was something I am missing in Max I would happily accept any assistance but I don't have the energy anymore to learn more software to create these things. As for the normals smoothing, a few things got away in the release but it has issues beyond normals fixing but I don't want to fix that car other cars in our pack are fine. I'm surprised we got to mid February before we got criticised about our stuff lol, usually it happens out of the box. So no offence either way mate appreciate your assistance. ;)

19. mrmat01

mrmat01 Registered

G'day guys Thanks for the update what an excellent mod beautiful work thanks so much for sharing. Love your work:D
    The tyres hang in there much better :) More fun to drive
    I was doing some running around Bathurst & found that the gear ratio seemed to be a bit short compared to before the update I'm having to grab 6th gear just after the hump going up mountain straight heading into turn 2 & I'm running out of legs going down conrod straight. Hitting the soft limiter before the kink in clean air & hard limiter in a slipstream.
    I was just wondering if anyone was experiencing the same thing?

20. gawaterman

gawaterman Registered

I think you will find thats what the real cars do.