[REL] FVR V8 Supercars 2014-2016 v6.5 Updated- 18 February 2017 - UPDATED FULL INSTALL

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by FlashQld, Dec 29, 2015.

1. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Was that the 2012 cars version that was released in November as that went through an update.

2. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

With the old spec V8s they ran a spooled diff (locked). For the COTF they used the new Albins Transaxle, which came with the provision for Spooled or LSD diff parts. Guess which one V8 Supercars went for :) That may change in the new specs due 2017

3. tpw

tpw Registered

Hi guys. Great mod, drives superbly and sounds brutal. Just a question though, is there any kind of damage modelling going on at all? I ran into a wall at 200+ kmh at the end of Conrod and got no damage whatsoever.

4. Gary77

Gary77 Registered

How do you run with hard compound tyres,I can only choose the softs,It does not let me change it in the pits,i have enabled dual tyres...

5. Feralarri

Feralarri Registered

Gary,the cars are forced to the rules of the 2014 V8 season through a trackconfig file for all of the 2014 V8 tracks and others as well. eg Bathurst only hards available, Hidden Valley both tyres available. even though you choos ethe Dual tyre the trackconfig overides this to match the real season

6. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Curious. Should a small lockup into T1 at oran park degrade the FL (hard) tyre by 20%?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2016
  7. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

Shouldn't lose 20% in 1 incident I think, but ???

I found the stock set-up numbers a bit weird. I've not seen any (many ?) cars in any SIM with a camber of -5.5ยบ. I noticed the insides of the front tyres were getting hot very quickly, and thus getting yellow/white very quickly in the on-screen tyre app. On soft tyres, I lowered the front springs to 85 (on the Mercedes, Holden & Ford cars) and the tyre wear reduced a bit. Also changed the front cambers to -2.7 to -3.6 in a few test sessions, noticing no real big difference in handling (which is good because these cars handle beautifully), and got a few more laps of soft tyre usage.

Then I decided to give it all up and just load the hard tyres before I start. They last much longer...but will still degrade quickly with that camber.

BTW, how can you tell how much degradation you get...by numbers (as you mentioned 20%)?

8. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I was thinking it is also rather high considering the size of the event. What do others think?

I also found the default set up strange and not to my liking. I found it understeered allot and cooked the front tyres. I have softened the front up allot & reduced all cambers heavily and adjusted toe angles to better manage tyre temps. I can run in the 2:07-8s at Bathurst so I have a little idea how to drive.. The car responded well to my setup changes. I did a test stint at oran park with 65lt and could only manage 16 timed laps on the hard tyre. My initial aim was for 30 laps. For OP i also reduced the caster to 7.8. In this stint the front tyres were still running a little hot and I made 6 very minor mistakes (not leaving the track) in the first 13 laps whereby the FL tyre temp spiked on the surface. Each time resulting in 3%-5% degradation. Looking at the FR if i can get the FL to behave in the same manor i should be able to make it to 30 laps.

Back to the drawing board..

Checkout Lazza's data plugin if you haven't already ;)

9. jabbado

jabbado Registered

Did you try the BASE.svm linked in the first post? Makes a huge difference to tyre wear.

10. dbens1

dbens1 Registered

Typical front camber for V8 Supercars is between 4 to 6 degrees negative camber at the front and around 2 degrees at the back. This seems to be causing issues in Rf2 with the tyre wear. I recommend grabbing the base setup supplied as a starting point, and we are investigating a range of changes to the default settings for the next set of physics (which will come with our 2015 cars when they are ready). There may also be a small update coming for these cars to correct this wear issue as well as some graphical issues that some people are experiencing in multiplayer.

11. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

File was deleted (?) or is no longer there. I've never heard of an .svm file, is this a settings file for the entire FVR series? I'm just now looking at a holden.svm that Windows found for me (for discovery purposes). I've been playing this game for 2 years I think, and I don't recall ever adding files except through the Mod Manager. What a n00b I am :D

12. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

.svm file is a setup file that is put in a track folder under userdata/player/ settings/(track folder). Of course you already know that. When you save a setup, rF2 saves it in same track folder, which you also knew already.

13. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

When you guys do an update is it possible to get the car some ripple strip feeling as the way it is atm there's no real feeling..........pls just a thought

14. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

The damage modelling to my understanding is limited to parts falling off and engine damage within rF2. We have no parts falling off as this rarely occurs in V8 Supercars although I am looking at that. The dents I do not believe are implemented at this point by ISI. Running into the wall at 200K should have killed the engine. I will have a look at that. Which car were you in.

15. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Which tracks are you referring to as the track provides the ripple strip feeling to the car in the TDF file which is not controlled by the mod. I would be interested in knowing the track so we can look into that.

16. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

This is a Setup file that you normally save when you make alterations. Part of the team have created one for you to set the car up and make it easier for us noobs. This setting file will help the 2012 mod but was specifically designed for the 2014 cars and will be utilised in 2015 although we are going to incorporate the settings within the physics so that everyone can see we have made it to easy :) - just like old times.

17. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

That setup has disappeared. I will get it rectified as soon as I get home - sorry about that.

18. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Streets of Sydney (sydney 500)
    and also the Adelaide track we run the other night at racing leagues........

19. Coanda

Coanda Registered

As an interim solution you could always bump up the "Rumble strip magnitude" in your controller.ini

20. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

If both these tracks haven't selected Hatttarget=true on the rumble strips, my memory is that they will not be classed as a road object although still being solid due to the colltarget=true. This may have that impact. I will check it out tonight myself. are you aware if the cars experience rumble strips on Bathurst for example.