Save Real Road..... rubber

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by daveklein, Dec 27, 2015.

1. daveklein

daveklein Registered

So I get where you save the rubber. There's also a LOAD button next to it, but it's never usable. If I save real road and come back to the track, does it automatically come back to that point? Or do I have to load it somehow? How many times should somebody save the rubber? Isn't once or twice good enough?

Sorry if all these have been asked before. I did try to search. And thanks for any help!!

2. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Set weather as scripted it will unlock your real road presets in menu where you pick track, change it to whatever you've saved earlier

3. TPG

TPG Registered

Depends on how many different kinds of track surfaces you want to race on, most tracks that come with RealRoad presets usually have a lite, med & heavy..what I like to do is make a medium RR (pre-marble) for practice then set Qualifying & Race to Naturally Progressive so it adds new rubber for those sessions.

..so it really comes down to how many different RealRoads You want to have available.

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Make dedicated server ( does not matter if you have no ports foward or that you even online ......... )

Save all settings you want for every single session.

Repeat that for every track changing weather patterns and road / usage as you save each .

Start any track, leave, all settings and sessions will now stick offline.

5. daveklein

daveklein Registered

Awesome! I now see it I the presets menu!! All set now. Thanks guys!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

There's also an "autosave" option which means you continue on the same track you left. Just FYI...

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Dave, you are so enthusiastic! But your tripping over every UI blunder in rF2 could form the basis for how to fix the many problems that exist in it (we all have tripped over the same in the past...just interesting to watch/read about you hitting them all). Or, until that eventually happens, possibly years down the road, the basis for a newbie instruction manual. Unfortunately, the average person isn't so curious or persistent as you, posting questions at every hurdle. They just give-up in frustration and then miss the incredible depth and fun that rF2 is.

8. daveklein

daveklein Registered

Yeah sorry for all the questions. Y'all seem like a helpful bunch and plus I think you guys realize this isn't really plug & play so I ask when I get stuck or hung up on an issue. I also ordered 2 new 970GTX cards last night which should get my FPS up there. But I still wonder how you guys can hang with AI's @ 100%. Best I can do is 6-7 seconds behind them. Of course my next big issue is car setups but I'll just keep driving as is for now.

9. daveklein

daveklein Registered

Oh and the other thing is that I had foot surgery (on my right foot) last week! And I'm at home doing nothing for 2.5 weeks. So learning RF2 and learning how to drive Left footed is all I have to do besides watch TV :) I only get confused once in awhile and I haven't tried it in a real car yet....lol