Steering anim issues

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by klaasvh, Dec 26, 2015.

1. klaasvh

klaasvh Registered

Hey guys. I've got some problems with my steering animation in game. In 3ds max the anim looks fine but in game the left hand looks messed up. I tried deleting the physique modifier and reapplying it but the problem persists. Any ideas or suggestions?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. klaasvh

klaasvh Registered

So nobody else has ever experienced this?

3. dylbie

dylbie Registered

Have you tried it in the game proper, instead of DevMode? Sometimes things work differently when you put them in the game.

I too had problems when I first was messing around with animated drivers. I ended up with something that resembled an octopus with crazy long arms flailing around outside the car.

4. CrossPly

CrossPly Registered

My experience with animations is fairly limited but I've not seen it work in one but not the other before.

It's probably a bit obvious but maybe check that your .gmt's and anim is exporting to where your expecting it, maybe rfactor2 is picking up an older file or something.

5. klaasvh

klaasvh Registered

Thanks for the help guys but no solution I'm afraid. Since I tried just about everything I can think of, I went back to the rigged and animated model as I recieved it and exported it witout changein anything. To my suprise the same issues were present. So could this simply be a 3ds max 2011 vs 2010 thing or something? I'm using max 2011 and I think the scene I'm using was created in max 2010. It's a long shot but it's the only thing I can think of currently.

6. sugarfoot

sugarfoot Registered

Have you tried putting the animation slider back to zero before exporting?. I had something similar and that fixed it.

7. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

How about for a test you get your anim file and associate it with the standard ISI driver GMT using simed and see what results you get and vice versa, your model with their anim. Just to see if the problem persists.