Editing tyre grip

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by hamiltonfan2205, Dec 23, 2015.

1. hamiltonfan2205

hamiltonfan2205 Registered

I'm just wondering what values in the TBC file affect how much grip a tyre has cos in CRC, I want to insert strategies back in, where cars have to stick with the same compound for the whole race, eg. someone does the whole race on softs with 3 stops but someone else does it on hards and does 1 stop. I want to make it so doing it on hards is just as likely to work as doing it on softs, but ATM, it seems the softer the tyre, no matter how many stops, the better, the soft tyre is like 1 sec a lap faster than the medium on Silverstone in the default FISI tyre files for the AI. So I need to update the grip levels for this to work but I don't know what values denote grip levels in the TBC file.

2. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

TBC grip values are only for AI.
    The ones you are looking for are in the tgm files.

I can't remember exactly but the name of the variable is pretty self explaining.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

3. hamiltonfan2205

hamiltonfan2205 Registered

Im talking about updating it for ai. Would the grip values in the TGM update it for the AI as well?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, the TBC is for AI, as Euskotracks said.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

And to answer the initial question, you want to edit the DryLatLong parameter. To be honest I'm not sure how relevant WetLatLong is.

For TBC editing in general google for rF1 modding guides. rF1 used TBC files for the player, so there is a lot of info about it.

6. MrSlowly

MrSlowly Registered

The TBC editing you are talking about only affects AI cars, to edit the grip for the player tire, go into the TGM file and under the Realtime section there should be a Static and Sliding grip multipliers, those are what you are looking for.

7. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

The OP already clarified that it was AI what he wanted to modify so the TBC is the correct file that he needs to adjust.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk