Car or track selection is not taken into account

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Redglyph, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Redglyph

Redglyph Registered

Hello,

Quite often, when I select a car (or a track), it's not taken into account when starting the simulation. I end up with the car (or track) used in the previous simulation.

To reproduce the problem:
    - click on "CAR" on the right panel
    - select a car in the list on the left panel
    - click on "RACE" on the right panel

=> the newly selected car is not taken into account, the race begins with the previous car.

It's not happening every time, I'm not sure exactly what makes this error happen, but it happens very often and it's pretty annoying.
    I think that if, after selecting a car I click on "CAR" on the right panel to close the car selection list, the problem does not occur.

For example, I just had that problem switching from the Chevrolet Corvette C6 to the Chevrolet Camaro.

Build 1036 on Windows 7 x64

Note: It's a problem I've had since the beginning, even though I've reinstalled the game several times (to try and deter the old track bug in the list widget in 1920x1200).

Any clue on what is causing this?

2. Redglyph

Redglyph Registered

Correction: it also happens sometimes when clicking on "CAR" to collapse the car selection menu, the car changes back to the previous choice.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2016
  3. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

I have the same problems but only with the track selection.

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Yup, I've had this problem for a while, even captured it on twitch stream sometimes.

5. Redglyph

Redglyph Registered

Still had this problem several times today.

6. stonec

stonec Registered

Probably bug in the menu code. Nothing you can do except for pressing the car button again after selecting the car.

7. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

Something worth trying, choose the rfactor2 icon, right click it and choose properties. Choose compatability and then choose run in administrator mode. Choose apply and try running rfactor2. It solved it the problem for me... Side note. if you run rfactor2 in administrator, anything else you want to run eg teamspeak, must also be run in administrator mode to work along with rfactor2.

8. Redglyph

Redglyph Registered

Thanks, but unfortunately, no difference...

See 2nd post.

9. Uff

Uff Registered

I can confirm this too. I was going to open the very same discussion: I often select a new track/car, but I often end up with loading the previous track with current car or viceversa.

10. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

I've noticed that after picking a car or a track you need to hit back to get out of the selection menu for the game to confirm your selection. I don't believe it's a bug just an extra step, sort of like clicking yes or confirm. Probably left over from the original menu layout where you had to hit back to get to the main menu.
    TK

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Tapatalk

11. Redglyph

Redglyph Registered

Thanks, but as I've already said to someone else, see 2nd post. It doesn't change anything.

12. redapg

redapg Registered

Just to be sure, after you've made your selection, is the selected car shown on the right Side of the Menu (Picture) and don't get loaded nevertheless?

[​IMG]

13. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

IIRC yes.

14. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I'd try to make sure about that, if possible. Right now I assume you're navigating to, not navigating to and selecting.

15. Uff

Uff Registered

Hi Tim, as I wrote in the new build discussion, I do select the car as its name appears as the currently selected car; even with this, the sim pretty often loads the previous car I was using.

16. Uff

Uff Registered

Tim, is there any news about this? It happens every time I start the game and I choose a different combination, it's pretty annoying. :(