Real F1 2016 Season - Off Topic Discussion

Discussion in 'Real Racing Discussion' started by MikeeCZ, Dec 11, 2015.

1. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

yep, good on Vandoorne, he deserves to have an actual go

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Qualifying isn't the issue imo, it's the racing which is 101% clear anyone listens to the drivers.

Every F1 driver wants the same thing, to be able to push himself and his car to it's limits for the entire race.
    And every fan wants to see the same thing.

Tell me how do you presume to fix that. :confused:

You well know my idea. lol :p

3. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I don't think a rookie and pro version of rfactor is going to help much here Durgings.

Soooo, the little hope I had was scattered, they did indeed learn how to deal with the new system, sadly it made it even more boring :-(
    Sad F1 is Sad.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2016
  4. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Now that was a neat race. The mid-field battles are migning. Its like P4-P12 all tense stuff. Enjoyed :)

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Great race, gutted to see Vettel out before the start though.
    I think he could have spiced up the front end battle quite a lot, hopefully Ferrari get a grip on engine reliability sooner rather than later, so this doesn't become too much of a trend.

Crazy first few laps, carnage and wheel banging all over the place.
    Not good to see the damaged cars allowed to race on though, they were throwing huge chunks of debris into the path of cars behind.
    Very dangerous stuff, IMO Lewis and the Force India should have been forced into the pits for repairs.

Magnussen was mighty impressive, wouldn't have counted on him finishing so high up the order after starting from the pit lane.

So 2016 is off to a great start, as far as I'm concerned.
    Nico seems to have the upper hand, Ferrari aren't too far behind and the mid field battle is intense (so cool to see Manors passing cars now instead of just being lapped).

Can't wait for the next one. :)

6. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

For me the heros of the day are Vendoorne and Grosjean, they both were overtaking and battling like mad

7. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

According to mercedes it is the Ferrari engine in Torro Rosso that has the lowest HP input on the grid

8. Led566

Led566 Registered

It is the 2015 version.
    Haas and Sauber have the 2016.

9. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

ye but still basically they say that 2015 ferrari has less HP than 2016 renault.. i guess its not that easy anymore to just say how much HP does it have tho as the main racing aspect of these engines is how much electricity they can generate back into batteries nowadays.

10. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

What about Grosjean's comment on braking, he is over the moon that he is finally able to properly brake with Haas, which means he can attack and he sure did that in the last race.
    Same for Torro Rosso, their braking abilities seem to have given them an edge in 2015 and now again.

I guess that's why Mercedes is so good, maximizing every little thing to get the full package.
    Does make one wonder just how much is going on under those bonnets and what they have to do to get things going.

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Aaaaaand we're back to 2015 style qualifying. :rolleyes:

12. redapg

redapg Registered

If Ricciardo did say it, it was a really good statement in my eyes.
    He said, that he currently has to save Fuel and Tires the whole time and that this can't be the meaning of Racing.

For me, this exactly is the point. I want to see them pushing as hard as possible from start to the end of a race, i don't want to see someone winning because he could save Tires.
    And they should bring back Engines with racing Sound, finally!

And one last thing, they should get rid of B. Ecclestone, he causes a lot of damage to the F1 with the most of his statements.

13. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Very exciting race yet again. Lewis has been rather unlucky so far. Well done Red bull hehe

14. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

And Rosberg, 3 in a row, no championship was lost before when a driver won 3 in a row....will he be the first one? :p

Puzzles me why Riccardo on same-ish tires could get passed Hamilton/Massa and the same for Raikkonen, but Hamilton failed to do the same. On Massa of all people.
    Pretty sure it aint the driver, I hear that the Mercedes has more issues then others in traffic but is it this bad?

Nice to see Kvyat keep his cool when Vettel blamed him for all the sorrow in the world :)

Roll on race4, this is turning out pretty good so far.

15. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Yes from what i hear Mercedes is very good in clean air, but very bad in draft

But mind you he had a big chunk of undertray broken off due to the front wing wedged under his car for quite a while, and from Lewises words also some suspension damage (the car apparetnly felt, i quote, "swingy")
    Also his tyres were 7 laps older than Riccardos and i dunno by how much than Raikonnen, it shouldnt make such a massive difference as it did but if you combined all of this it makes sence.
    But who knows, maybe Lewis simply isnt good at overtaking. He did keep locking up when he was battling Bottas/Massa, but that might be just due to the damage and reduced downforce, dunno

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Sweet race, yet again, and generally a quite bizarre race weekend, very entertaining.
    All the odd incidents in FP1, cars breaking down left, right and center, a wet Saturday and a very jumbled up grid.

Crazy first ten laps or so, impressive that all cars made it to the end after all that carnage. :D
    Again a very unlucky race for Lewis. I wonder when this downward spiral will end for him?
    But I'm not complaining, and am delighted to see Rosberg finally get some good fortune, nailing those races one after the other.

The new tyre rules are really spicing up this season nicely, fascinating to see all the different strategies play out.
    Can't wait for the next one. :cool:

17. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Well.....update for F1 2016 mods needed: Verstappen<---->Kvyat :)

18. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Very harsh and dick move from Red Bull, atleast they could ve waited for the end of season. Kvyat gives them podium, and than gets carried away on his home podium and gtfo... Max does deserve the seat, but Kvyat didnt deserve to get so shat at. Anyways, very interested to see Max vs Daniel

19. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Yeah, very exited about Max, I hope its not too soon to go to a top team, doesn't always work out.
    Feel sad for Kvyat, very harsh indeed although I read that they where looking for an out for him anyways but that might just be hindsight bullcrap.

Tbh the incidents themselves where not that extreme imo, the consequences for Vettel where, but the first bump was a racing incident where he discovered lack of brake, and the 2nd one, I dunno, didn't vettel had a flat and didn't he lose speed so Kvyat had no where to go?

But water under the bridge, GO MAX!![​IMG]

20. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

well, long term, including 2015 Kvyat in my opinion didnt show top team performance at all, simply out of his class, but they should ve realised that in between seasons.. not like this