Are there any Online RFactor2 Multi Player Pick Up Races ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Airbrush Art, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Airbrush Art

Airbrush Art Registered

Is there servers where there are Open Server Races maybe x amount of short laps then a reset and race again ? I really do not want to spend the money when there is only limited opportunities to race, My working hours make it tough to commit to League race times ,Thanks for any input..

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

3. Airbrush Art

Airbrush Art Registered

thks woodrow

4. mavericckk

mavericckk Registered

I have seen many server empty in recent weeks.
    in the game, the list of servers and the greater good. weird

5. peevee

peevee Registered

Multiplayer is deserted and even though I have server online permanently with various track/car combos there is no online action.
    Truth is rF2 is really great for offline racing - great AI etc.
    If you really into online racing with good numbers on the grid then i Racing is the ticket (although right now they having huge issues with the service)
    Sim racing is too difficult to master therefore will never be as populated like the easy to use shootem-ups...

6. Natureboy

Natureboy Registered

Yea, becoming good at sim racing is not easy, but the process of learning is very rewarding. Racing online against others is the only way to get better since AI are all over the place on pace and have no race craft.

Most servers will let you add AI so there is no reason to race offline. Just join a server and others will join also, then it will become fun. Pick a car that suits your ability and try to master it, if people online can beat you then you have a good reference and something to work towards. Finally being able to beat those guys who used to lap you is a great feeling.

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Quick fact to, no one seems to want to be the first on a server, they are all waiting for the first person to join.... So no one ever does

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Join one, do a few laps and it may attract others.

One other problem is many setup servers (without getmod active) and expect others to have found the weird and wonderful content we have running... Therefore no one can join anyway. It is so easy to setup a server now that many just setup multiple ones and hope someone joins. How about setting up one, then see if anyone joins it and there wouldn't be so many empty servers

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

10. Tony

Tony Registered

Hi airbrush ..I know Durge has regularly run pick-up & race servers with the F3 Historic Eve & Sparks

I would browse through this section: http://isiforums.net/f/forumdisplay.php/131-rFactor-2-Leagues-Private-Racing

For instance: I'm part of F1SR & we usually keep our server open all week leading up to a race, & for the race as well. But even though the server cycles continually through a race-weekend, we run long races of 50 or 60 minutes

But there are loads of league groups in that list who would love you to try a race, then maybe think about joining & racing in their leagues. Ultimately it's fun that way, as you get to know people well & they become friends as well as fellow racers

I think this sim is fairly hardcore(!!) & casual racers aren't so attracted to it - hence not so much of the activity you're talking about in Multiplayer ...until they tire of other games/sims & get curious ;)

11. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

The match maker app I made is broken at the moment as ISI changed the api but they said it should be fixed soon

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

12. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Isn't there a directory or list that can be kept up to date of leagues and what series they are running? Might be good to have a sticky thread in here.

13. Airbrush Art

Airbrush Art Registered

Thanks Everyone Appreciate the Ideas. Merry Christmas

14. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

We at Fun2Race host pickup races almost everyday with different combos around 20:00 UTC or 8pm UTC. Some Servers with 40mins of practice, 10mins of qualification and a 20min race and others with 20mins of practice, 10mins qualification and 20mins race. No aids allowed except for auto clutch and forced driving view is cockpit.