Pitstop blocked by AI Teammate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rio, Dec 8, 2015.

1. rio

rio Registered

Hi,

If all cars run out of fuel, all AI cars ran to pitstop (I don't think that the AI follow a pitstop fuel strategy or?) and me have to refuel too. So it happenend often that my AI teammate blocks my pitstop place... where I loose a lot of time while racing.

Is there simple a way to workaround it or how can I know, whether he is in pit?
    Is it possible to bann my teammate for driving or can I give this AI driver anyhow another fuel strategy?

Thanks for some hints..

Greetings rio

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

There are other better ways I am sure.

All I do is set right fuel x usage to give you a bigger window for pitstops.
    Ai will usually pit on one of 2 laps each stop, pit on another.

Crude but effective, you can always bail from a pitstop as well.

Online I have noticed shared boxes in F3 @historic tracks with just 10 cars in room.

You can run no damage and just punt them forward 20 feet out of the way, :p done it online in F3-rookies heaps of times.
    They will still continue normal pitstop and you get straight into your box.
    Obviously no use if you run damage.

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Are you requesting a pitstop and seeing that the crew is ready (you get a message) before you go in?

4. rio

rio Registered

haha. i know, that is the arcade method :) There must be a better option ;)

You mean, my crew will not response with a message in that case?...ah that could be a good notification.

Will my crew handle my request before my teammate could/will request? (so that the crew didn't response to him if I am send a faster request? And will he skip the pitstop in that case, but will he ran out of fuel? Many questions... funny)

Thanks for info, I will test.

yes I know. I think there are several ways to avoid this. I had read something about assigning pitstop setup for AI driver, so that I could assign a different strategy to him. I will test at evening.
    Another thought, I could go in pit a round before if I am slower then my teammate. But in that case, I had to remember whether I had overtaken him or not.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2015
  5. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Are you sure AI is pitting because of fuel?
    What mod/car are you using?
    Theoretical it can be the case that AI stops first to get new tyres,- in some mods refueling isnĀ“t even allowed/possible.

6. Emery

Emery Registered

Please update us with the results! A confirmation is one of those pieces of trivia to file away...

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think in theory it will only confirm when they are waiting specifically for you; it's been a long time since I did a multiplayer race where my teammate and myself weren't organised enough to avoid pitting at the same time, but I do have vague memories of the "pit crew is ready" notification not happening for a long time when my teammate requested before me (and we were forced to use the same pit, obviously). But that would have been rF1, and I've basically done no offline racing (against AI) so I couldn't say how that works in various scenarios.

But that's why I thought I'd ask if that's what you were doing; if you had been it would confirm it didn't work as (I) expected. If you now try it and see if it helps that would be good for others to know :)

8. rio

rio Registered

One way is simple to kick my Teammate from Race. Maybe there is another Solution. Testing...