Championship offline (again)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gleidson, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

I know there are several threads on this subject, some solutions presented by fans of this wonderful simulator, but I want to raise another issue to ISI.

A while ago, I had the same question here in the forum and the ISI said that will not be added a way for offline championship, the most that could happen would be to install the simulator, a system developed by others, a group of modders, but until the time nothing was done.

It's a waste, an AI as good as the RF2 and not have a championship offline, sure a championship mode offline will kick asses of other sims that offer this benefit.

Who can not compete in online races, for lack of time, will thank if the ISI solve create this system, even if it simply, yes or include in a system created by others who go through their approval.

2. peevee

peevee Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2015
  3. msportdan

msportdan Banned

i agree. total shame best ai in the business and cant be officially used on anything but quick races..

This is where rf2 needs to excel in, rather than have this fragmented sim thats just basically a tool and has no meat to its bones.

4. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

You're misinformed, since rFactor 2 does full persistent race weekends, that's much more involved than quick races.

Nonsense, rFactor 2 is supposed to be extended with plugins and tools such as rF2 Log Analyzer, if you need such a thing like championships. See also this recent interview http://simmag.fr/entretiens/interview-du-directeur-rf2/

5. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

I know this plugin and have used it, however, I believe it would be better a system like the one used in rf1, where we set up a rfm and we no longer tinker in the settings. I know two plugins that make this an offline tournament management function , the comunicade are creating plugins , it's because they also want a system to be created and deployed in the RF2 .

6. msportdan

msportdan Banned

zzzzzz

who cares about a race weekend oh do they do that in real life errrr no they have full championships.. oh rf2 doesn't do real life.. oh whos misinformed now .

So basically your saying rf2 relies on 3rd party apps to complete itself? hhhmmm inconsistent cars ffb and physics lack of great mods, lack of real life race series...

oh its okay theres real road lol..

7. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

You say RF2 is deficient because it doesn't do offline championship. I can run qualifying and races and transcribe the results to a spreadsheet. If I don't need any more than 10-6-4-3-2-1, why do I need RF2 to keep track of this for me? So I must be missing something. There must be some part of a championship season that simply cannot be done without coding at the game level that I just don't understand. I'm satisfied doing it manually; it's all I need. I built a RaceEvent with the cars and tracks for my season to make things easier to set up. What feature of an offline championship should I be lusting for that requires ISI to program?

8. msportdan

msportdan Banned

Its called living in the year 2015 my c64 had more game nodes in its racing titles lol and that had an onboard calculator. Lol I marvel at these lazy devs

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Your aggressive misinformed parrot-like rants are putting a lot of us to sleep, I can tell you that much.

Of course this sim relies on its talented community to not only complete it but expand it way beyond anyone's wildest imagination. Anyone who claims otherwise simply have no clue what this platform is about. It has never been the intention that ISI makes every imaginable plugin, race series, tracks etc etc etc themselves. It'd be pointless and impossible, especially since this is a modding platform.

Anyway, your points fall flat, as usual. Go use the damn offline championship tool that has been provided to you, for free, and stop acting as if this sim is useless because ISI haven't done a tool for that themselves.

And please, enough with the inconsistant ffb nonsense. Three or four people have already explained to you why all cars doesn't and shouldn't feel the exact same. Also there's plenty of reasons why this sim doesn't/shouldn't feel like sce.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

It's just a question , not precisca become a "police case" for divergent opinions .

So BoothJoe , I'd like a simple but automatic system as used in rf1, this business be making a run and adding the data manually do not like , not to mention that I think artificial not have a closed calendar, a number of races already determined and everything. Existing plugins are great and functional , but the fact of being manuals do not like at the moment is only that and I think that the ISI would not be difficult to deploy a system that reads the log at the end of the race , and automatically update league system.

11. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I understand better now. Before getting RF2, I was driving Codemasters and they have a closed championship season where you don't need to do anything manual and where you could get good enough to get offers to join different teams and maybe become the number 1 driver for your team and control car development. Certainly that was a more complete career game. That was all fine. What brought me to RF2, though, was the flexibility. I didn't have to buy a completely new game to experience different tracks or different cars. The tradeoff was giving up the closed championship season to get that flexibility. I went back to F1 2013 last week just to get a feel for it again because I was thinking of going back. It didn't take me very long to realize that I wanted to be driving in RF2 because in the end it was the driving I wanted to do first and foremost.

12. bwana

bwana Registered

zzzzzzzzzz. . Anything else you would like to whine about today or shall we wait for tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2015
  13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I'm too lazy to tell you why you've been banned again, maybe you can work it out.

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

F1 series, long sessions with canned ai , laptimes, fuel , tyres ...............do I need go on. :)

I agree with you, trade that for rF2 Log Analyzer, a spreadsheet or paper and pencil.

15. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

I'm not criticizing the ISI , who does a wonderful job with the RF2 , I'm just giving my opinion on a part that could be better utilized , that the races are offline , work with AI in RF2 is the best currently , only I believe It could be better spent if possible , if you can not , patience .

I have several games and simulators and none of them feel such as immersion in RF2 , especially in a dispute with AI .

16. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

That's certainly allowable and should be fostered by ISI and the RF2 community. I think everyone has a feature they'd like to see. You want a championship series/season, others want better tire models, others want better trackside graphics. I'd like to be able to manually place drivers on the starting grid to match up with the historical, real starts. I'd love a training module that allowed you to place your own markers for braking point, turning point, exit point, etc., on a track to help learn how to drive. Some people fault you for constantly harping on the same thing, but I understand. You have to bring it up every so often just in case there are enough new people who haven't heard it before and they jump on your bandwagon and start a groundswell of support for that feature. That's politics.

17. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Never even considered someone making requests or giving feedback as a problem. That's not what some people choose to do. :)

18. Gleidson

Gleidson Registered

But hey Tim, do not have the possibility of a simple system for creating an offline Championship as the rF1? No partnership with someone who can create a functional plugin within the system of the rF2 is consideration? :confused:

Help the poor workers students who do not have time to run online, the offline fun also :(

19. Woodee

Woodee Registered

What's the difference between a third party plugin and something within the game? The third party plugin works.... because we use it for our league series.

20. rhamm

rhamm Registered

Does the app have a really cool cutscene with pitbabes and whatnot if you win the championship? How can anyone take it seriously without pitbabes?