No FFB/vibration on 360 controller

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by JohnASmith97, Dec 6, 2015.

1. JohnASmith97

JohnASmith97 Registered

Hi all,

I've just downloaded the demo, but I can't get the FFB to work with my 360 controller (yes I know I should be using a wheel, don't have the money or the space at the moment).

I saw a thread here from about 3 years ago that suggested that there was an issue with the drivers meaning that a 360 controller won't work with vibration on a PC, but on F1 2014 (which I returned because of the awful driving physics) the vibration worked fine.

Does anyone know of any solutions for this?

Thanks
    JS

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I would first double check if the ffb works in windows.
    If so, try another usb port on your pc and see if it works in rf2.

You could also try to use Microsoft drivers instead of XBCD.
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/downloads

And there's quite some info on this using the search option or even google. looks like it should work.

3. JohnASmith97

JohnASmith97 Registered

Thanks for the reply. I tried it in another port, still no luck. Also, the rumble works in R3E, but I can't seem to find a way to test it in Windows-the configure program for the controller only allows calibration without downloading other programs. The latest OS version of the 360 drivers you linked are for 7, should it work correctly with 10?

I wasn't able to find anything concrete while searching for a solution either, can you advise where to begin looking?

Thanks

4. Skan

Skan Registered

I would first remove all xbox related drivers that You installed. I would next try the 64 bit drivers of the win 7 drivers or 32 bit if that's what You are using. I did just try to see if win 10 will natively recognize a wired 360 controller and it did nothing.

5. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

RF uses a different input system (can't remember the details) so rumble won't work with microsoft drivers. XBCD worked for me before but not properly. The rumble would kick in depending how far left & right I steered and had nothing to do with what was going on with the tyres.