rFactor 2 Launcher in STEAM try to download 2 misssing items

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by chanurr, Dec 4, 2015.

1. chanurr

chanurr Registered

Hello everyone

above all, forgive the faults of spelling, this text is translated by a robot (Google Translator)

i look in steam forums and nothing found

sorry if its a know bug or its responded.

Case:

Win 10 64 pro

rFactor 2 installed by STEAM

when I start the simulator, the launcher gives me this error:

View attachment 18713

if I take the screen with the X, starts normally.

Background:

always I have an image of fresh system for trouble

rfactor 2 a few days ago installed on drive D, no problem, workshop content than the "official" installed, all work normally, no errors of the launcher.

take the decision through no fault of rFactor 2 to reinstall the system, the system was fresh like rFactor 2 NEVER been present in the system

the only change made was that this time the installation was on drive C instead of drive D

the problem arises nothing more start the simulator.

Solutions:

Reinstall: the problem recurs

install all the additional content of workshop that is not installed before: the problem recurs

uninstall any (official and unofficial) workshop content: the problem recurs

uninstall and delete any trace of simulator in AppData, Documents etc, and install again: the problem recurs

delete the entire folder workshop in my unit and let them to regenerate: the problem recurs

I have come to the conclusion that the problem its in STEAM, his server have information that does not correspond to my local system information an when its compared are differences and the files are present but the launcher have wrong information

I can live with the problem is nothing serious but I would like to have it properly installed to make a picture with the simulator installed.

please sorry for the long and difficult to understand text

thanks in advance and have a good day. :)

2. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

That image you posted it is NOT an error.

It is saying the game launcher is waiting for Workshop to complete the content download and you see that "2 items remaining" in the left bottom angle, showing you there are still 2 contents in the download queue.

You don't have to do anything there, just sit and wait the system to complete the process. After that the Launcher will start and install/verify all content just downloaded/cached.

3. antgen

antgen Registered

I have the same issue but with 72 items :confused: . 2 days ago everything was ok and since then I haven't subscribed to any new mod. The steam doesn't downloading anything no matter how long to wait.
    Just now to test what is wrong I subscribe to a new mod and the steam start downloading 1.9GB (don't know what this is but I suspect it downloading all the workshop items again)
    I also have win10 x64.

Edit: The 1.9GB download finished and all of them were items that were already installed, including ISI's mods.
    Now I get the same message but for 1 item this time. Very strange.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2015
  4. chanurr

chanurr Registered

Hi Tuttle THX for your answer

Hi start the PC and open STEAM

when all are loaded i start rFactor 2 via Launcher, the same message appears 2 items remaining...

i left the PC and STEAM OPEN with the Launcher message and go to see a movie 1h:39m duration

when return to PC NOTHING change the same message i left 1h:39m ago

definitely Launcher look for something dont find and stay in the same process until find the 2 missing objects...

i think the problem its:

THX and have a good day :)

5. chanurr

chanurr Registered

Hi

exactly here, i start to download the remaining items in workshop (not all, only a few) and suddenly the next time i start the launcher changes to only one item remaining:

View attachment 18721

i see one item (the celica GTO) are installed now but its not showing in workshop, i do a research but nothings shows the other day are present, the first time download the GTO from the workshop

its possible the workshop or the authors of the uploads in the workshop are deleting their uploads and are a conflict here?

very strange...

6. c0rn

c0rn Registered

I have a friend that has the exact same issue, we left his computer on for 2 days and he has 250Mbit internet connection so I do not think it is still downloading. The problem seems to be related to mods, as soon as he installs any mod he gets this issue, We have tried different folders for the mods (including the packages folder under the rfactor2 folder structure).

Please help us.

7. Rickard Allardh

Rickard Allardh Registered

I'm the friend.

It's a Steam issue. Browsed through ALL my "subscriptions" on steam and unsubscribed. After that I only choose 1 and still the same error... Not downloading or doing anything. Uninstalled the game, deleted EVERYTHING and installed it again. Twice and the second time on another harddrive. Error still remains :)

8. Sento Siete

Sento Siete Registered

The same here.

I've revised all the mods subscription in steam, and don't show any error, but the message is always there when I start the launcher

9. Sento Siete

Sento Siete Registered

Found it!!
    There was an item of the Steam Workshop that has been deleted (Toyota Celica GTO in my case), so the launcher was always waiting to find it.
    I've just cancelled my suscription to this item and the error has gone.

10. Rickard Allardh

Rickard Allardh Registered

What happens if you start subscribing to things again? I've cancelled ALL subs and started again. Still not working.

11. LTC_Mike

LTC_Mike Registered

I am just trying Windows 10 (64bit, anniversary edition) on my PC and the same error occurs with rF2: it always remarks, that there are 4 items missing to be downloaded from steam and if I close this message via the closing symbol its gone and the launcher just syncs the new content. Is there any chance to get rid of this without canceling all subscriptions or trial and error which of the workshop items causes this?

12. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

This is an error with the Steam workshop. Authors have removed items from the workshop, but your subscription to them remains. You can ignore and click the X to get rid of the message and play rF2.

Example: I was subscribed to the Paul Ricard track. I received that message that 2 items are remaining and I noticed that I no longer had the Paul Ricard track. So I went to the workshop and found the Paul Ricard track. It said I was subscribed. I clicked on the track and I get the message that this item has been removed by the author. But the workshop thinks I'm still subscribed.

If we all report to Steam maybe they will fix.

13. LTC_Mike

LTC_Mike Registered

O.k. - thanks a lot for that information. Quite strange that items that were removed from the workshop are not unsubscribed automatically ... or is this maybe a misconfiguration within the rf2- workshop?

14. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I hope some OFFICIAL answer or explanation is provided soon. The thread is one year old already and the only response from the devs so far was to wait until the download gets completed which was later proven not to be the problem. After that the thread got buried until it was bumped up yesterday.

It is important that Steam Workshop does not create undesired secondary effects as the ones described.

If the solution to this is simply to unsubscribe from the missing item, a message telling which is the component causing trouble would be welcome. Or even better an automatic unsubscription prompt from it.

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Yep, whenever a item is removed from the workshop it is removed from your PC :mad::(