ISI AIW files for road courses - Sao Paulo needs an update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Emery, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

I've been going through the ISI road courses, running short races against the AI to find the difficulty level where the AI leaders are an even match for myself (or ever so slightly faster). Sao Paulo has stood out for having slow AI, well below the other tracks.

There are some other quirks with AI lines, mostly having to do with historic vehicles (like why are there paths for the Eve/Spark F2 & F3, but the Howstons & BT20 only use the Fast path?). Several tracks have a GTR1_FAST path, but the current Nissan GTR uses GT1_FAST. Atlanta Motorsports Park is the only track with a FAST_GT path and only the current GT-3 Camaro uses it, while the GT3_FAST path at Bathurst is unused by any ISI cars. FAST_H is used by the Cobra... did it used to be the Howstons or is it currently used by the BTCC Honda?

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Yes, it´s a mess with the paths. And even ISI is not using the advantages of their own system....:confused:

3. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

São Paulo needs a total overhauling, AIW is important, but the track is outdated in several ways (geometrics, new objects, kerbs height, and lastly the visual aspect, the materials set doesn't match to the new ISI tracks standards).

AIW cars brake too much into Pinheirinho as well. It's easy to overtake them over there but, in real life, it's not a overtaking point at all.

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1

Hopefully it's on the list of tracks to be updated to 2.0 levels, even though it's a more recent release than the other old tracks that have just been updated. It's rF1/GSC roots are evident.

5. geggeinto1

geggeinto1 Registered

For me aiw it s problem

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 utilizzando Tapatalk

6. Emery

Emery Registered

Ah, yes, that helps a little (2%), but still leaves Sao Paulo as a significant outlier in terms of AI performance.

7. Aceking

Aceking Registered

The aiw is very dependent on how fast and smooth the driver is and which car mod he used to make the fast line (aiw) then fine-tuning the lines for the finishing touch. In rF1 i made track packs for some of my favorite car mods so the AI would have the best fast lines possible. I recently purchased rF2 on Oct. 16 so i can hardly wait to start making new aiw's for my favorites! When i get some free time i will take a look at the Sao Paulo aiw.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2015
  8. redapg

redapg Registered

.... and also the basic Physics/Setups of a car play a big role.
    Just compare the behaviour of e.g. the Formula Renault 3.5 with the Cobra or Honda NSX, on a track with fast S-curves....

You normally would have to create 2 seperate fast pathes for them, or, if you only want to use one, edit it, to get an almost acceptable behaviour for such different cars.

I guess it's because of the much improved Physics of rFactor2, that the AIW creation is a "little bit" harder than it was in rFactor1.

9. Aceking

Aceking Registered

It was no different with rF1 as i had to also occasionally edit the car's AI physics files because the car mod creator either didn't have the knowledge or really didn't care about wasting additional time with their physics. You hear from many people in forums stating how poor rF1's AI were but actually they were quite good once you fine-tuned their physics and aiw's. In fact i found that many of the aiw's in rF1 track conversions were the cause of the terrible AI.

Mixed class AI was never a good idea but with enough tweaking you can sometimes get a compromise that works but if you want your very best competitive AI then single class is the way to go.

No doubt making track packs with specific aiw's for your favorite car mods like i did in rF1 will always give the best results!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2015
  10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

+1 (redapg, it`s your turn :D )

11. redapg

redapg Registered

No, thank you, knowing now that doing it without getting/having a DIRECT Order from the Trackcreator, will start the next Discussion in this forum, i'm out of it, as long as these Prerequisites are not given. ;)

And i don't think ISI will give it to me. :D