A small improvement that could be made with RaceEvents!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SeriousSpy, Dec 2, 2015.

1. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Registered

So, I had a thought about a small improvement that could be made for when you create custom RaceEvents.

It would be really awesome if we could rename tracks and "venues" (using the old rF1 term) and have them displayed in alphabetical order. This would be great for renaming tracks to "Round 1", "Round 2" and so on.

Thoughts?

2. racedriver

racedriver Registered

The same idea I have.
    rFactor 2 should be a bit more user friendly. Afterall it's supposed to be a modding platform. Everybody should be able to customize the sim for it's own use.
    I wrote in another thread that I find it not really user friendly to have all the cars and tracks just in two folders. But you only get deaf ears. Everybody says it's ok the way it is.
    I found rFactor1 a lot more user friendly for creating your own race classes.

3. stonec

stonec Registered

You couldn't actually explain what you meant by having different "folders", because normal user doesn't even need to open any folders at all in rF2 except for dropping mod packages to "Packages" folder.

Renaming tracks is a bit more useful suggestion, though I don't know of any sim that has such function. But it would be nice to be able to pick the order of tracks when creating a race event, and new event creation should be a game wizard option, instead of the external MAS2 tool that the average user doesn't even know exists.

4. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Registered

Are you the guy who was talking about having cars sorted into categories in the game files, too? I agree with everybody else, there isn't any need to open the game folders. They could maybe allow us to add categories and folders into the package manager though.

5. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Registered

Well, technically there isn't any need to, because most sims have proper custom championships, either though editing the .rfm or equivalent file (rF1, GTR2, etc) or through an actual custom championship builder in-game (Race 07).

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

They could maybe yes they won't because there is no need for all that BS

If you ask me rF was a gaint mess, people naming everything whatever they felt like !

That is why you make room mods in rF2, did you miss the huge addition of Mas2 somehow ?

Making mods you can name them what you like , assign them a picture, add whatever cars, skins and tracks you like.

You own little customized list of events ?

But you rather have some old style messy jumbled ill-named huge list.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2015
  7. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Registered

No, I'd rather have an ordered list with names I choose, such as "Round 1" and so on, so that I can roughly build a championship, because apparently ISI doesn't think that's necessary in a racing sim.

8. Emery

Emery Registered

You're missing the point. You CAN do that, but you just have to learn a new tool.

9. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Registered

Surely that changes it permanently though, I would like to change it per RaceEvent, so I can somewhat emulate championships.

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Ah haaaa ! :) you finally use the word "Championship" hehehe

ISI said they will not support championships 4 years ago.

If they did you would have your proper track allocations in room mods then for sure.

It is one thing I wishlist for RF3 .......
    Alas you are not allowed to talk about the hypothetical future at ISI.
    Better we all talk about the hypothetical present ! :confused: lol

Okay you want to offline championships, this is the best I can do.

Make a rfmod with all cars and tracks you have OR make a mod with just the championship cars and tracks and name it by Championship.

Open the dedicated server menu and HOST a room

You don't need to open any ports or password the room ( no one will get in anyway )
    Set 1 Player and set Min and Max Ai.

Select Cars
    Select tracks and arrange in your championship order.

This way you can swap cars in session using CAR SELECT, like say drive all GTs and see your fastest laps for all cars you drive in the session.
    You also get the tracks auto loading in Championship Order.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2015