Workshop Discussion..continue here...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Woodee, Nov 26, 2015.

1. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

And BTW, You say that I misread.
    However after reading back I think it is you who miswrites.

The guy who posted before you (#117) explains a case of a faulty build and how they had to roll back.

You say(#118) that it can happen but that when it happens the fix usually comes some hours or a day later (literal words, no misreading). You lie and when being told so, you say that is the other who is misreading. I'm not talking about the time to setup a server but the time it takes for a build to be fixed by ISI.

You clearly talk for talking.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

You forgot "should"? In the past, fixes where done with the next build, wich was approx. after 2-3 months. That`s the reason, why leagues (most i know) dont allow their drivers to update immediately to a new released build. I really dont know wich game you`re talking about. It couldn`t be rF2...

3. T@X

T@X Registered

I think i'm tired. Good luck guys. Not giving a chance for innovation it's IMO a very stupid move. Bye.

Inviato dal mio SM-N9005 utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2015
  4. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Tired of lying you mean?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

5. T@X

T@X Registered

I'm not lying at all. This behavior, and if we have the multiplayer lobby with 413.000 different builds , and mods sparce and waisted in oher 14 zillion sites , torrents and social networks it's not your fault, so my time discussing here it's waisted.
    Imo ISI ( !!!i'm not lying it's my opinion!!! ) should take a decision and fix this situation.

6. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

The general problem here IMO and the reason this conversation will keep going round and round is that it's all down to a personal point of view.
    The original idea of rfactor was/is Customize, Control, Connect. It's the idea that you can mould rfactor into exactly what you want and need (obviously for the most part). This, unlike really any other platform available, is what makes rF perfect for league communities as well as offline players. Unfortunately it makes pick up online racing not so straight forward. The reason you're getting so much fight back T@X is you're seemingly trying to change the way people use rF. And while I understand why you're doing it, it won't work because to many what you're fighting is one of the big reasons people love this sim. Well that and your whole idea of "helping by disrespecting" the modding community thing, but I won't get into that.
    TK

7. T@X

T@X Registered

The issue imo is that "fear of change" is totally pointless, like u keep talking about.
    Who's talking about changing Rf philosophy ?
    Not me for shure.
    The sim should stay the same , but it should be IMO also actualized in it's concept and some tools are there for a reason. That's all. At least if i were the devs i would try to do that.

8. monoplazas_RR

monoplazas_RR Registered

We don't want to upload anything to steam because there are things that can not be there, and the things that are legal, we don't want to upload it at the moment. That is why we have asked to remove this tracks. However, and just to clarify, the latest version of Monza, 1.70 is a completely legal conversion.

Regards.

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

great good posts

10. Cuthbert

Cuthbert Registered

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Quote:

In Internet slang, a troll is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion, often for their own amusement.

11. T@X

T@X Registered

Monza it's legal but at the moment can't be left there(!). Spa has been removed as requested. Both have been removed as requested." We don't want to upload it at the moment"
    It's a finished track, good state, but no. We don't want.

Who's the troll here ?

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

You! Some previous pages did you wrote "I`m done" or something similar, no?

13. T@X

T@X Registered

I see just a bad attitude towards the Steam community here. Really not interested in discussing for nothing anymore. ISI should "help" you understand what's wrong IMO
    I'm not trolling. I explained ,i given credits and everything. You are biased and that's all. Bye.

14. monoplazas_RR

monoplazas_RR Registered

You are a very rude person. If we don't want to publish something to steam is our decision, not yours. Whoever wants to get our conversions has many means to get it, I don't think steam users are babies who need to get the food in his mouth. When the time comes we will take a look in that direction, not before.

I warn you, don't ever publish any of our works or it will be consequences.

15. T@X

T@X Registered

I removed the content as you requested. My opinions are there, i dont approve your decisions to let your stuff freely dowloadable in torrents and everywhere but not on Steam , but that's your decision and i respect it. Do not even think to menace me though. Consequences ? Come on!
    As said there will be no content published by me against creator's will. I have shared like everyone in the web does. And this form of Steam phobia is ridicoulous at best. Now for real Bye.

16. monoplazas_RR

monoplazas_RR Registered

1. We don't need your approval, we don't care what you think.

2. Upload to steam is not simply like put a link, so, no, it's not the same.

3. We have not menaced, we have warned you, it's different.

4.- Consequences ?. Yes, consequences, you would be denounced on steam by more than one person, and two and three and ...

5. We are happy to know that will not happen again.

Regards.

17. T@X

T@X Registered

Monoplazas. Denounce me on Steam? Please dont make me laugh. No one cares there for free domain content that is available everywere.Your position is totally useless. I'm removing the content for respect of their creators if they do not want, but do not keep kiddin' yourselves. You did not need to warn me at all. The moment you asked, i removed immediately. Stop the drama and I Repeat, do not warn or menace !

18. Cuthbert

Cuthbert Registered

<grin> I saw what you did there.

19. monoplazas_RR

monoplazas_RR Registered

For us the matter was settled, but you came here to call us "trolls".

It's funny that you defend both the content of rFactor 2 on steam, but in reality, what have you done for rFactor 2? What is your contribution to the game besides make to anger the modders who make grow this game?

20. klaasvh

klaasvh Registered

If something I created gets uploaded on steam without my permission, I'll simply stop making more content. That way it won't happen again. I can't get angryand the people on steam won't miss out on anything either. Problem solved and everybody is happy. So let's all just stop modding. It's the perfect solution :) Maybe if there were more peope like T@X, who is doing this community a great favour, it might actually possible to achieve this.