Stupid obsession is killing me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Emery, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Emery

Emery Registered

I got the bright idea of running a 200 km race at '66 Belgium against the F2 Eve & Spark AI. Yeah, a mere 15 laps, should take about an hour. Default weather (rains off & on, fairly predictable). Belgium AIW works reasonably well with the F2 at 50% aggression. Piece of cake, surely?

Surely not! It's that second rainshower during the race that usually does me in after completing 7 laps. Hate to say it, but sometimes stupidity strikes even sooner. I've died in so many race wrecks today. Worst accident was just going wide and squarely hitting a telephone pole. The time I merely spun out, I slaughtered a dozen spectators. The last wreck was not too bad and I came to rest missing a wheel, but not to worry because an AI shortly punted my wheel to me -- I watched in fascinated horror as it bounced into the air a couple of times before landing squarely in my cockpit!

Thank goodness I'm reincarnated after each race. Or maybe that's my punishment for bad driving, to relive the ugly moments again & again?

Okay, well, tomorrow's another day and I can reincarnate again.

2. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Nice. I have a dream that all competetive motorsport should be simulated now. We would get top quality stuff (not that I am complaining about rF2 mind you) but no more deaths from racing - excepting natural causes and home mishaps of course

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Don't underestimate the power of rage quitting, lag or not using mirrors may have on people :p.

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

this would be the most ridiculous thing ever

5. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Ridiculously cool. I could earn millions :)

6. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Registered

I don't mean to sound like an arsehole, but are you 12? Anybody can see how that won't work, ever. Sure, esports is getting bigger so online sim racing will get bigger, but it will never be a substitute for real motorsports.

7. Tosch

Tosch Registered

I believe most of us are older, but at the same time, deep at heart, we are all 12 year old kids, and that's a good thing. :D

I guess you are 20-25?

8. Cozza

Cozza Registered

I wouldnt complain if there was some lambo with rocket engines and machine guns made for rfactor2.

So maybe I really am 12 years old :p

9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

For years I have been asking for grenade launchers to be mounted on our cars, but for whatever reason simdevelopers refuse to even consider it...

But yeah Emery, sounds all too familiar hehe, same routine when I decide to go pro on the Nordschleife. it just tedious really :p

10. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

Here's your Zen excersise for today. Sitting on floor in meditaion position, imagine on one side a pile of all the wrecked race cars from all history in real life. On the other, all the Lives and Lotii wrecked by Greger Huttu to become who he is. Which is bigger?

11. Emery

Emery Registered

Skipping the Zen...

Yay, I finally succeeded to finish a race! (after about 10 more attempts today)

Man, compared to the AI, I suck in the full rain. Still haven't found my braking mark for La Source in the full rain... either I flatspot the tires or the AI ducks under me. 100 kms of tire vibration is a stiff penalty, LOL.

Anyway, I can highly recommend the experience of this challenge. Blinding spray, using the dry line, dodging the occasional AI carnage (9 of 10 finish the race), and start from rear of grid. Give the AI Sparks some gearing so they can do 165 mph. 9 opponents will keep the cars unique (3x Eve F2, 3x Spark F2, & 3x Spark F2B).

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

There's been quite a few times when I run a race, get a good 10 laps in and think "I could have started better" so I quit, then constantly screw up way worse. :D My quitting never pays off with a better re-run.

13. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Quite the same in my case.

Run 10 laps and halfway thru the race and thought to myself 'Hey...im not doing bad at all'
    ....and instantly screw up the next corner.....every bloody time.

14. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

that's because they don't use the same tyres as you and cant flat spot

15. RaceDoedel

RaceDoedel Registered

That's a good question: Can the AI get a flat spot ?
    Sometimes I am surprised how hard the AI can brake.

But back to the origin of this thread. I really like the combo F2@Spa 10 laps without assists. When I manage to survive 1 of 10 races then I am very
    happy. I have the deep honest respect to the race drivers of this period.
    I try to follow one simple speed secret: If you want to finish first, then you have to finish first.
    So my personal top priority is to finish a race and not to win every "corner battle".

16. Comante

Comante Registered

Run 10 laps and halfway thru the race and thought to myself 'Hey...im not doing bad at all'
    ....and instantly screw up the next corner.....every bloody time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, happen everytime to me too. This is because you "wake up" from the "trance" and mess things with your stupid rationality, you should just keep to follow the flow and ... Let your body decide where you want to go High or low, fast or slow (The Ark).