RFactor2 failure

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Airbrush Art, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Airbrush Art

Airbrush Art Registered

I recently purchased RFactor2 on Steam,it has been a total waste,I followed all the instruction to the letter and everything seem to load fine. When I get to the game screen is when problems begin at first a few of the cars and tracks seem work but has progressively has gotten worse.I went to the karts and clicked to race and had other cars from stock cars to Indy car show up along with my kart,kinda funny,now when a track does load the cars run on their on and crash.,when the game screen kicjs me back to desktop I get a iue core file not working. I have uninstalled and reloadedthru steam 3 times with the same results ,Appreciate any help.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Hardware specs should go a long way.................

The reason you get Stock Cars with Indy is you have selected ALL CARS and TRACKS

There is a window, you see all cars in it, yes. ?

Select KARTS only.

You can make a mod in a minute, that will let you combine any cars, skins and tracks you like.

The World is your Oyster

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

About IndyCars you have to check only IndyCar, uncheck Honda and Chevy in the oponent menu. Don't know why this is not fixed yet, I too had a hard time trying ot get it working

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Never mentions advantage of making your own mods, skin selection for one.

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

When there isn't a manual or documentation, it's very easy for new and regular users to get lost in the game, especially with the poor UIs the game historically has had. Let's not be a source of additional frustration, but of knowledge to those who need it ;).

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Open Mas2 , follow the prompts, it is not hard if you installed any software on a PC ever before :rolleyes:, you get to a point you can see all the cars and drivers you have pre-selected.

The drivers have a teeny tiny weeny weeny little x beside them................untick the ones you do not want. !@!

lol

There is ya tutorial. ;)

7. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Registered

You don't even need to use the Race Events or create a mod to deal with that car problem, when setting up the race, there is a section at the bottom of the screen which shows selected cars, for some reason it must've set it to all cars, click the "Select None" button, then search down the list for the karts, and choose them only.

8. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

As a relatively new user, I find it very un-intuitive to figure things out. It takes a while, and a lot of the people who frequent here talk in a sort of shorthand that isn't really all that meaningful to new people Mixed cars on a track could be caused by a selection you make in the Session Settings. In that window, you can choose which cars show up as AI competitors on the track. It's the box called Opponent Filter. If you wanted to run, for example, only the Dulara Indy cars, you would only select them in the session screen in the Opponent Filter pane (You could mix multiple car types by selecting different types in the box. ). This box will list all the cars in the game if you used the default Series setting All Cars and Tracks. Both Session Settings and Series are options in the first window that shows up after you click the single player button. When you start the game and click on the gear cog icon that gives the game settings., you could there see the message that "component core UI 1.0 filed to verify..." message. That is a known problem that, I believe, started with the Steam version. I get it all the time. I've not noticed anything bad.

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Sorry BJ.

i am sure your bad experience on online is something other then rF2 rather something not working alongside maybe a process running.

If you really want to online I would like in here with your own car in mod well try a fresh OS, Fresh rF2 and all new files from square one.

10. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Yep, some guys here makes me feel in a League of Legends forum :D

11. Airbrush Art

Airbrush Art Registered

Thanks Durge and everyone appreciate the help,up and running,I was wonndering about multiplayer is there many that race ? And I see there is a charge for ding so,the a1's actually are pretty good but nothing like running wth there racers,Thks s much again.

12. bwana

bwana Registered

Online depends a lot on your time zone. European and American guys are building in numbers while in my zone in Australia things are progressing a bit slower although league numbers are growing. Online depends on what you brought. I brought lifetime Years ago which has online for life.. You can get a cheaper version with updateable online subscription per year or a pure offline version is even cheaper.

13. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I didn't say anything here about having a bad experience online. I'm not sure I know what you're talking about. I merely gave more detailed instructions to explain how one could get mixed cars on a track without knowing how that happened. As for online, if you choose to do that, you have to accept the risks.

Added a bit later: I can't figure out what you were trying to say in your last sentence.

14. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You selected the Indycars in the opponent filter instead of the preselected Karts?

Which file is in the error? We've had reports of an error on loading, and it's been confirmed that this is users who don't have enough virtual memory and are running out of it. Windows is mismanaging the settings, set it manually.

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

In the PM you did.

Sheesh mate you told me you would NEVER online rF2 again from my one room at Longford. :(

I can post the PM if you like ?

I SAID : I would like to see you in my room with your own car in the new mod we are developing.

I SAID : the problem is NOT rF2 .............or trojans in my mods. lol :)

Maybe your OS, settings, drivers, processes...... maybe a fresh rF2 Lite.

I can assure you it is anything BUT rF2.

DD ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2015
  16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Ah well a bug hey Tim ! hehehe ;)

What is the very first response in thread btw.

;) Could be running a 1GB laptop for all we know.

17. bwana

bwana Registered

Thread title should include "Solved" ..

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Of course, but I've had folks with 16GB RAM go through me in support, and theie virtual memory is set to 4GB with 3GB used. How the hell they're using their RAM I have no idea, but 1GB available isn't going to cut it running rF2. Windows 7 especially has issues when managing virtual memory on 64bit exes from what I've seen when other things like steam are still running.

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I was going to try to do a trace with the Indycars but then it started working fine all of sudden *inser jackie chan meme here*
    I have 7gb virtual memory and 8gb RAM.
    If that helps the only thing I changed from the days it was crashing to now was disabling the default spotter because I wanted to use the add on one posted here.

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yep.

Yet people still try to do it every day in some game or rather. ;)