How do I know my skin is uploading to a server?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by SpeedLab, Nov 26, 2015.

1. SpeedLab

SpeedLab Registered

I am just learning how to use and install custom skins in rFactor2. Before I would just install a custom skin into one of the folders for a stock skin. When I select the skin in the show room under variants when I enter an online server I would get a red square next to my name which would usually turn to green within a reasonable amount of time. I believe this indicates that your skin has successfully been uploaded onto the server and other participants can now see your custom skin?

Recently I learned how to create a new driver and give it a team name, edit the numbered RCD file and install the skin into the new Windows folder that was created for it. It seems when I use this process I don't get any square next to my name when I enter an online server. Of course I can see my own skin and the team name that I created for it in the garage menu but I'm not sure if it's uploading to the server or if others can see it without asking. Is it normal that you don't see any square if you do it this way?

Am I doing something wrong or is this just the way it is if you create a new driver? (That you don't see any square next to your name)

Is there a way to confirm that your skin is uploaded to an online server without asking others?

Anyone who knows who can explain in more detail I would very much appreciate it. After spending all the time getting a custom skin created of course I would like it to be uploaded to online servers.

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Edit: Removed response addressing his issue because the guy is rude and can't read.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2015
  3. SpeedLab

SpeedLab Registered

Your reply makes no sense to me. I didnt edit the car number. Also please dont reply if you dont have any solutions just critisim. I already explained i dont know that much about customs skins and Im asking for help and solutions. Thanks

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Edit: Removed response addressing his issue because the guy is rude and can't read.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2015
  5. SpeedLab

SpeedLab Registered

I edited the rcd file to match the name of the custom skin. when you create a new driver it automatically creates an rcd file which gives you a generic name for the skin its going to refer to like this:

Skin = alt.dds

which you then edit to mach the name of your custom skin either a dds file or a mas file like this:

Skin = KL29alt.mas

If you were reading correctly you would see that thats not what i even asked about.

Now do me a favor and stay out of this thread so someone who knows and understands can give an answer that provises a solution tp the questions I asked.

6. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

i'll stay out too, just to be sure.

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I think, judging on what I can get a sense of the replies being, you were already given a correct answer.

8. HorCsa

HorCsa Registered

We had a lot of problems with uploading custom skins.They've never been resolved the problems. We did everything according to the instructions. Flashing square, interrupted downloads, invisible cars. Connecting / disconnecting drivers etc... :(
    Finally, we use a special program to synchronize files RCD and skin. Similarly, as rFactor1.

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You should try your Test Concept Pack.

When MatF1 has finished packaging we intended to ask others using the same formula to do other ISI cars under a Global banner name.

No transfers, warping, faster to join.
    Even if you selected or uploaded a skin it will not be seen.
    You can't even make a mod to add ISI cars.
    So it is separate from ISI car and does not conflict

Yes it has 1 con, no one can add their own skin to the room.

The idea is they have to submit or ask for one and eventually get added to a update.

So far it has worked faultless for my room and the benefits outweigh the 1 con.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/27256-New-mod-concept-intro-and-discussion

10. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Facing the same problem in my server now...but only with one guy while the rest transfering the skins flawlessly

Weve done everything. We cant just see this skin apart from on own car. We cant see others using it. Help