AMD users....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Will Mazeo, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Did you notice any difference with Crimson?

2. Yotan

Yotan Registered

I have not noticed so far. :rolleyes: (Sapphire HD7850OC)

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

loool ;)

The informed sites are saying not much increase even a drop in some games

Other sites blither on about 20% gains across the board.

4. Yotan

Yotan Registered

Thank you :eek: I will observe a little more it.

5. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

I have a xfx 7850
    SCE is running nice, but Reiza did an update today so can't cofirm what made it better indeed, I believe it was the update.
    Didn't check rF2 yet.
    But already saw Crimson is not limiting the fps despite the settings I choose -_-
    I'll stick to Radeon Pro for now

6. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I loaded it tonight and jumped right into RF2. I have an R9 380 5900x1080 resolution across three screens. There's no difference in frame rate that I can see. But there are settings that I need to research. It's nice that you can easily overclock the card by application. I'll run some laps tonight and report if I see any problems/aberrations/etc.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I know I could Google, but what the heck is Crimson? As in what's relevant for us for rF2?

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I don't think anything Marc , same as NVidia, leave hardcore simmers like mushrooms ..........kept in the dark and fed nothing but s**t.

lol

Look after arcade companies that splash dollars around.

hehehe ;)

Do a AMD skin , call it "Purple Rain " p

9. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

Crimson is the new driver/application set from AMD that replaces Catalyst.

I don't see it as anything special. When I overclocked by 14%, I started to see all kinds of artifacts flying past my head while driving. Otherwise, it runs about the same as Catalyst. There's a tool to scan your computer for games it can optimize. None of mine qualify, but then I don't run current games. I find stuff I'm interested in and wait until Steam puts it on sale. I also found that settings done in Sapphire's tool take precedence over Crimson. So if I overclocked in Crimson, it didn't matter. I had to do the overclocking in Sapphire's tool (Sapphire is the maker of my Radeon card). There are no showstoppers here yet, as far as I can see. But there's also no reason to jump on it unless, probably, you have games that can be optimized for the driver. I did it quickly because we'll have people at work asking if they should do it.

10. newtonpg

newtonpg Registered

11. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Oh found a bug here the fan is stuck @ 20% speed, card reaching 100ÂșC. And I didn't see this before D:
    Rolling back to CCC if it keeps going back to manual all the time

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2015
  12. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I have a Sapphire card and I think the "real" settings for hardware are in the Sapphire app. For example, last night I set the Crimson overclocker to 110% and went out and raced. I notice no difference. I went back into Crimson and saw it was at 100%. So I loaded the Sapphire Trixx app and changed it there. As soon as I did, that was reflected in Crimson. There's a fan setting and voltage setting in Trixx, too, and I suspect Trixx overrides Crimson/Catalyst. I believe I saw that with Catalyst, too, but it didn't register until last night when I was really paying attention. So you may have an app from your card builder that does the control and even though you think you're doing it in Crimson, you're not. My Trixx default fan speed is 20%, by the way.

13. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Just tried rF2 using Crimson controls, there is some fps drop with it compared to Radeon Pro, most drops was on replays, going all the way down to 20. But some in cockpit also. Maybe there is some extra controls I'm not setting right.
    Was just a small test with 28 Ferrari Challenge cars @ Interlagos.

14. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I just formatted and upgraded to w10 from w7 and installed crimson. Initial impressions are an improvement all round. Are you guys on amd CPUs too ? My system is.

15. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Intel here
    It is setting fan speed back to manual all the time after you leave a game so before it starts doing this while I'm driving in a online race (who knows...) I'll just stick to older drivers.
    Saw a report Crimson even shut down the fans completely lol

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Tried it here. No issues. It's just a re-skinned CCC. They didn't even bother to change most of the file names from "ccc" and it still reverts to the old CCC screens for some advanced options.

Marketing, not reality. It's just the next version of the standard driver.

17. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

I play Battlefront and Crimson drivers messed up my graphics when going into caves or dark areas. Color goes away and is black and white. Reverted back to older drivers before trying racing sims.

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Same as always, personal settings, hardware combo, resolutions, games will have different cause and effect for us all. :)

Funny one I just just reading a thread about Best Mobos and someone trotted out this graph to back up Gigabyte was more durable. ( funny he used that term considering they used it in advertising for years. p )

[​IMG]

Anyway you know all that tells me ?

Across both years and all 4 manufactures that 3 out of 100 people had problems with them.

Could not have been 2 or 4 people, simple maths. ?

hehehe

1 /2 fps or the 1% percent as above is splitting hairs imho. ;)

-------------------------

RadeonMod any use ( for rF2 as in......) ?
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=403389

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2015