Modders, please populate the Steam Workshop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Associat0r, Nov 17, 2015.

1. dsi1

dsi1 Registered

I know BIS keeps Arma 3's last patch as a rollback build in Steam's beta system for modders/clans to use if needed. But they only do that because just about every update for that game causes incompatibility issues with mods, does rF2 even have a problem with breaking mods after updates?

2. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

ISI is really good at supporting backward compatibility.

3. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Backward compatibility is not the issue. That works very good in general.

The issue is that sometimes the new build itself creates serious problems.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

4. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

I don't think ISI will fall in same mistakes as they did in the past. Not now in Steam, they can not let It happen. I agree about that, they should ensure every build will be 100% free of major bugs, or at least patch It in next 24 hours. They also need to announce release date and fix It to a week day.

If they ensure that, league racing should not be affected. Would be a problem to have fractured community, Steam vs non Steam users using different versions. I personally used to race in different legaues and would be a pain in the ass having this problem.

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'm just making a gentle little bump here in hope that more modders will consider putting their work on the Steam Workshop. :)

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I know we lost a lot of people, and never got others to come to rf2, but now the game is doing better I've been struggling with some of the level of racing/commitment of drivers. By level I don't mean speed, I mean behavior.

The recent mod releases are promising, some of the stock content is really getting up to standard (or there already), and this time we should really have good stuff out.

7. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I think this debate should be maintained in this thread. Shiet's thread about Atlantic Road should not be further contaminated.

You don't feed bad for sure. It is quite normal since you have no respect for nobody besides you.

What part of the Workshop is for authors or authorised people don't you understand? Can't you read or you have dislexia? Why do you compare workshop with other things if they are not the same? For you it is just links I guess... Well you are WRONG.

As a modder I don't want any of my content in Steam Workshop ATM I am already using remote content which is available for everybody including (steam and non steam). In the future I hope I will change my mind but I already explained in this thread my reasons not to do it now.

It was quite clear from the very beginning that opening rF2 to steam would bring some selfish and immature people to this community as you have proven.

8. Magus

Magus Registered

Unfortunately, Remote Content does not exist on the launcher for Steam users.

9. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Somebody confirmed in this thread that it did exist. I cant say because I don't have steam. Have you checked?

10. Magus

Magus Registered

Yes. I use the Steam version and the launcher has a steam workshop button not a remote content one.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

11. Justy

Justy Registered

Yes same for me. No remote content tab with the Steam version. :(

12. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

This is the post I refer to.
    He may explain how be made it work. It might be using steam oflline mode.

13. Helium

Helium Registered

If a modder doesn't want his stuff on the steam workshop it's his decision and people should respect that. I can see why you're angry and you got probably every right to be angry. But may I ask you why exactly you don't want your stuff on steam?
    As people stated before there is no remote content for steam users.

[edit]
    I guess there is a misunderstanding. You can install mods without using the steam workshop. But there is no remote content using the launcher if you're using the steam version.
    [/edit]

14. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

That might be right. He may refer to old package folder instead of remote content. I hope he replies.

15. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I was going to keep out of this...and will only make this rant

As a non-steam version day 1 user of rF2 and modder. Here is my 2c. (start rant)

At the moment there isn't that many modders for rF2, and those that we do have, have been playing around with it since it started or before steam. So that tells you that the majority of a small group don't have the steam version. Unless you have the steam version you can't upload to the workshop. So is it really a surprise that there isn't a heap of content in the workshop?

So for those saying that that they are using public links and moving them to a public place, it's an official ISI tool are just fooling themselves until all parties have access.

When rFactor central was taken over by Sim Raceway all the serious modders boycott it for different reasons but boycott it. You didn't find people uploading others content then. If this type of thing continues to happen then it's not going to help the workshop succeed. From what I have seen the more serious modder likes to be able to have some sort of control with where the links are and the links used, so he gets a guide as to how many downloads it has and see users comments etc. In the current procedures that this workshop uses until the steam users start modding there wont be much in there.

There is many ways to find content and that's what the non steam user has to do. I run servers and all my servers allow download of missing content and so do most. (finish rant)

16. Zeh Drei Peo

Zeh Drei Peo Registered

I already stated, that i was wrong on this issue.

17. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Thanks for reconfirming this. I didn't see the one you refer.

Then it seems, as I stated in the beginning of this thread, that content download is completely segregated between the steam and non steam community.

Modders cannot solve this segregation.
    Nibiru explained very well so I will not repeat.

18. stonec

stonec Registered

It is why this sim should have been on Steam since day one. ISI are now encouraging Steam use so I believe workshop will sooner or later be the central for all mods (we don't know how long ISI will keep selling the stand-alone rF2 version).

19. Zeh Drei Peo

Zeh Drei Peo Registered

20. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Isn't the obvious solution to just turn off Steam Workshop? I mean for everyone just turn the stupid thing off and people can use the launcher. What a joke this has become.