Can't get Steam version to work, please help!

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Born2bslow, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Born2bslow

Born2bslow Registered

Hi there,

I bought RF2 on Steam on Friday, installed and have been trying to play ever since. At first it loaded all contents (59 items) I selected a track and car...it just kept crashing, some BONE message! First check was to verify game cache, 1 file failed so was re-downloaded, I've read around some threads, disabled steam overlay, force 32 bit etc.

Now when I start up the pop-up says currently waiting for steam client to download content and it just hangs. If I cancel no cars and tracks are there for me to select!

I have logged 66 minutes on Steam and I have not been able to even get to a track let alone drive...I'm a little frustrated to say the least as having played and been involved with Project CARs all I've heard (repeatedly) is how great the RF/RF2 handling model is and I'm really keen to check it out. Please help!

2. Born2bslow

Born2bslow Registered

Seems to be fixed. No idea how I didn't do anything.

So far I'm impressed.

3. Pat Woods

Pat Woods Registered

I have the same problem, It says "Auto subscribing to content workshop." It has been running for like 8hrs. Why can't I PLAY?!??! FIX THIS PLEASE ISI!
    I have restarted my computer, Deleted app cache and re downloaded rf2 SO, WE have a Problemo here, HOUSTON!

4. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

I don't think there is an issue and btw you should start thinking it's not just ISI there, but Valve too. ;)

BTW, remember you have to download, first time, around 11GB of data...so just check the speed of your DSL.

5. Pat Woods

Pat Woods Registered

Isn't that a little bit long... 8hrs, at least it is to me. When I click on it it stops responding.

6. Tuttle

hmmm...what are you clicking? :)

7. Pat Woods

Pat Woods Registered

The message that says "Auto-Subscribing to workshop items."

8. mephisto

mephisto Registered

I had this problem as well. After lots of hassle I ended up going into steam workshop and unsubscribed to all the content then restarted steam. I was able to get into Rf2 afterwards but naturally I had no content. I manually picked the content I wanted from steam workshop.

I ended up completely reinstalling afterwards anyways attempting to fix some errors but hopefully this helps you.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

eh? Steam Minimum Specs:
    Hard Drive: 30 GB available space

That was my whole issue in the first place (remember!?) that it was such a huge Download size, but here you're stating it's 11gb? A bit confused by this, not that I'm going to get the Steam version anyway but if it is just 11gb then you might wanna change the Minimum Specs for future reference :)

10. Tuttle

You don't download a mirrored Hard Drive....:)

You download core stuff and cache data for contents. After that these contents are gonna be installed and this will take more space as it happens with nonsteam packages and installations.

So, final size of the Steam version, plus all ISI contents installed, it's average 22/25Gb. I can't say with 100% precision as I have few non-ISI contents installed on my steam version.

Let's say, if you download 11Gb you'll end with average 22Gb, if you keep all ISI contents installed.

That 30GB it's pretty correct as we need to keep some room for future contents.

11. Tuttle

You have just to wait, I'm pretty sure about that.

Not sure if you guys are new to steam...but latest time I installed my copy of pCARS took 13 hours to be ready.

12. MarcG

MarcG Registered

aahh I see that explains it Many Thanks :)