Dedicated Server Events ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clippy-f1, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Clippy-f1

Clippy-f1 Registered

Hi Folks,

So in the Steam version of rF2 we have the option to host a dedicated server through the GUI module, this throws up a list of events available, each with its own flavour of car / track combo.
    The rub is, non of those delights on the menu suit, as I would like to race with my pal on the downloaded UK mod circuits, Croft, Oulton, Cadwell etc, and the spec Miata which is listed in the Touring class is also absent.
    When drilling down to configure an event, the cars and tracks you can choose are only those associated with that event.
    Is it possible therefore to create your own event with the cars and tracks of your choice ?

Many thanks and cheers
    Clip

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

3. Clippy-f1

Clippy-f1 Registered

Thanks Denstjiro .. that got worked great, installed my mod and had the server up and running ... until I got home (server is hosted away from home) and i tried to join MY server from home and got "You are logged into a computer already playing rFactor 2, launching rFactor2 here will disconnect the other session from Steam" what madness is this now .. jeez, talk about jumping through hoops. Any thoughts ... Thanks again .. Clip

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2015
  4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

You're not supposed to use your account on a dedicated server, just use rf2 without being signed in on the server side.

5. Clippy-f1

Clippy-f1 Registered

Ok thanks for responding, much appreciated, will give that go then. Cheers

6. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

To start a dedicated server you don't need a steam or rF2 account. So it's free. :)
    You just need a rF2 lite install and the content + Vmod (RaceEvent). The "host button" will work. But you can't start single or multiplayer.

Note: the auto-update doesn't work if you don't activate rF2: just install the new builds lite install ontop of the current one.

7. Clippy-f1

Clippy-f1 Registered

Thanks Gijs, that's good knowledge. Think I am starting to get my head around it, was coming at it from an AC dedicated Svr point of view. Cheers :tup:

8. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

This video shows you how to setup a server. (Sorry i didn't record sound)

There is also a very usefull tool to create a Vmod and to make content downloadable upon server login.
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/19702-GetMod-Manager

Important thingy: the Vmod name can not contain spaces.

9. Clippy-f1

Clippy-f1 Registered

Brilliant !! .. Thanks Gijs, .. I will get my head into it tomorrow, I have spent a large chunk of today scrapping around trying to figure all this out, i should have come here in the first place and made use of the great resource that this forum provides. Hopefully the info provided here will help others to sort out their dedicated server setups too... Top Job, and thanks again for taking time out to help .. much appreciated.

Will let you know how I get on ;-) ... Cheers