Good reasons to keep a Non-Steam ...aka 2nd Copy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DurgeDriven, Nov 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

You would be wroughting ISI whether you are ON or OFF LiNE!

Plain and simple !

?? wtf ?? lol

thats is EVEN IF you COULD DO IT

you CANT why are you arguing ?

lol

ps
    Unless you realized rF2 is not like rFactor, Sce, AC, pCars, Dirt Rally and all the rest ....... it is NOT hackable.

Full Stop.

2. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

You are an arrogant an apparently need to clean your thick glasses.
    I posted a link to a picture showing my both PCs connected in the same server.

So...
    YES I CAN.
    PLEASE STOP MAINTAINING YOUR STATEMENT WHICH I PROVED WRONG.

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE PICTURE.
    AGAIN! IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT IS YOUR PROBLEM. NOT MINE.
    Full stop.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/02opktlcle9mmgy/AAB46LS8iRu2b1w1DvQ6NbWoa

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

3. Boldaussie

Boldaussie Registered

Well, if that's the case I completely understand ISI going to steam. Little wonder they can't afford to employ more staff to improve the sim at a level so many sook about is too slow. Can someone please explain to me why quantity of content is so much better than having quality of content. I am not talking about visuals either. If it looks very pretty ( you're driving even slower than I do to be able to notice that ) chances are the physics definitely aren't.

I have been using rFactor2 for 5 months and haven't driven a lap of every track yet, let alone driven and setup all the cars to a remotely competitive level. I realise I am a grumpy old man, but I am totally over the, its all about me me me, give me more more more or I'll just take it generation.

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Using one copy ?

Then you are stealing from ISI
    ?

You got the hide to yell and call me arrogant.

lmao

5. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I have reported your post.
    I haven't stolen ISI and I will not accept your false accusation. I just proved that your statements are FALSE. You are posting things that are simply not true and that is not acceptable IMO.

It is ISI who permits this. If you renew your PC you don't lose the install of the old one. The fact of being able to access online with both seems a security bug by ISI. I didn't alter anything to do so. I simply tried and reported result as I said I would.

You seem to have a hard time understanding things even after explaining them several times.

Enviado desde mi SM-G130HN mediante Tapatalk

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Report what you like

If you use the one copy on 2 PC at the same time you would be a thief and be breaking licencing.

NO YOU ARE THE ONE DOES NOT UNDERSTAND ! :)

I said you can't use one copy on 2 PC at the same time.

I never said it cannot exist on 2 PC at the same time .......obviously that would be dumb because it can.

I never said you could not validate as many PC as you like.

But I have a feeling you knew that and are just being smart over nothing :)

If you could do it, everyone can do it.

WHY WOULD ANYONE BUY A SECOND COPY OF RF2 ?

WHY WOULD ISI SUGGEST BUYING A SECOND COPY ?

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

So I pretty much think we covered why it is good value for some to buy 2 copies, like yourself for instance.

So is that the only ideas you guys can come up with

I got more yet.

Why is it I think I have to empathize points ........... lol

Some one will now come in and tell me they do live video and drive smooth anyway .......and oh have a GTX980Ti lol

8. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I won't lose more time with you. Up to today nobody talked about a second copy of rF2. It is published in steam and now you try to convince how useful is a second copy.

Don't make me laugh and do not confuse people, Mr "I said all this three years ago".

Enviado desde mi SM-G130HN mediante Tapatalk

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

?

Obviously I meant you could not run the one copy at the same time

Like I said, you knew that already though, didn't you. ? ;)

You just posted to be a nuisance no other reason i can tell ?

and people did offer up good reasons for a second copy especially with the sale price till the 20TH

ISI even suggest it ?

You paddling up the creek on this one.

----------------------------------

You want to go back 3 years, lets .........

I went through this with Tim 3 years ago.
    I was probably the very first one here to debate not being able to buy a second copy.

Remember ?
    Go back ages in forum, Tim said there was no way to do it.
    All I can think of is Tim assumed because it was linked to a account, name and payment it must remain the same.
    At least that was my guess at the time.

I said there was a way.
    That you could buy a copy with a " instant/ throw away credit card" and use any name you like as the licence is not tied to a IP address.
    Tim was non-plussed about that idea, why I am not sure, he said you had use your correct name and even hinted at blocking subscriptions of anyone that did that.

I argued back no one can force me to use my real name and if he blocked my subscription for that I would report ISI to the ACCC. lol :)

Not long after it was announced if you contacted Tim he could fix up a second copy for you, not that I am saying that had anything to do with me.

What you say is true you can have rF2 exist on 2 PC, I can do that with any software use it on both but not at the same time.

That is WHY WE BUY 2 COPIES OF SOFTWARE SOMETIMES.

P.S.

Think about that too ET, I recall more then a few in those threads 3 years ago already wanted to buy a 2nd copy ! lol

Now with Steam and the differences between the 2 your best input is " I can do that with 1 copy "

Is that what you want people to believe.

Pete's sake man if you have 2 PC's buy a second copy. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2015
  10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Like I said mate you up chit creek without a paddle ...............unless you were not aware, but then again you agree that you have read the licence before you accept to use it. lol

PLEASE READ THESE “TERMS OF USE” OR “AGREEMENT” CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SERVICES OFFERED BY IMAGE SPACE INCORPORATED “ISI” OR THE PRODUCT “rFACTOR”.

All because you simply could not stay away or better still offer a novel way to make a second copy less burdensome on the pocket.

That is all I was trying to do............honestly. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2015
  11. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

These thread should be called: reasons not to read this thread. Please on topic or close this one

12. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I will not reply to your last post for obvious reasons. I would simply like to remark the following:

You said that using a second PC with rF2 was impossible not that shouldn't be done. The quoted post saying that rF2 was impossible to hack is the biggest proof of that. The previous posts to that suggested the same thing. In all my posts I have been saying that you weren't right.

As I said, I first installed rF2 in my old laptop (the white one in the picture I provided). That laptop fulfilled rF2 minimum requirements but would only run rF2 at 15 fps (who is trying to deceive who in this case?)

I immediately bought my actual laptop for 1000 euro, fulfilling this time recommended system requirements, and installed and activated rF2. I still cannot run full settings by far, BTW.

At that time I was using both PCs since I had all my previous modding stuff in the old PC which I needed to move to the new one. I could check that rF2 worked in both PCs. However, as I said rF2 does not run properly in my old laptop so I never use it. BUT I KNEW IT WOULD RUN IN BOTH COMPUTERS.

If you ask me, I personally think that if someone's has two computers there is no harm for ISI that he might use one for modding and another one for racing. Regardless what EULA says.
    I would expect that if ISI didn't want rF2 in one user's 2 PCS they would have implemented some time of protection.

What I didn't know, and I think it is a big mistake by ISI, is that you could use both PCs online at the same time!!
    I was absolutely surprised about that.

Right now it seems that I could race with my kid online using one single copy of rF2. I DO NOT THINK THAT IS RIGHT. I AM NO CHEATER NEITHER I AM STEALING ISI. When my kid grows up, I will buy a second license if I want to race him. I on purpose responded that you could, because I was pissed at you and was your first reason in the post. And in the literal sense of the sentence I WAS RIGHT: YOU CAN PHYSICALLY RACE YOUR KID ONLINE WITH ONE COPY OF RF2. Is it legal/ethical? For sure not.

Another guy has posted that you can run multiples instances when using command lines. I don't know anything about that but he was pretty sure about it. If that is true (I have me reasons to trust him than to trust you) I would understand that ISI does not mind if an owner runs two instances at the same time.

That would support my statement that getting a second copy for one single user is stupid advice. I would also find it very inmoral to force someone to buy a second copy to be able to do modding and watch online races at the same time.

This post is to clarify your unjustified childish attitude changing argument because you were proven wrong my enfant. Grow up and don't be so egocentric. You get tiring.

13. Gringosan

Gringosan Registered

One license should have one user name as far as I know. In your screen shot I see two different player names and that should be two unique license... right?

If you have networked only a single copy of the sim how did you end up with two player names? Or am I confused about how the DRM system is used.

Cheers

14. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

@Euskotracks...the only mistake you have made in all this is giving DurgeDriven any of your time in replying to his forum police crapola

15. Gringosan

Gringosan Registered

+1

16. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I really don't know. In the launcher it appeared the same name. However in the server my old laptop showed "your nickname"

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

My friend is affected by the "player not showing up on the MP server list" bug that is supposed to only affect non-Steam users yet he is using a Steam install. He didn't know he had to uninstall the old version so having two installs may have something to do with it. So ya, having a non-Steam install alongside the Steam install may bring about weird issues.

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I have a Steam and non-Steam build, absolutely no crazy stuff. Steam build created the Your Nickname .json, which I altered. The one "interaction" issue is the MatchMaker doesn't display players in server correctly, it only displays those connected via non-Steam.

About numerous instances of rF2: There is a limit on the number of simultaneous connections, I learned from trying to host a few different servers (from the same remote desktop) but there is a low-value limit. Let's not go crazy with theories, etc.

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

That's the opposite of what ISI states the bug to be. They say it affects non-Steam players therefore non-Steam players don't show up in the server list (unless I read it wrong).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.