Game Crashing on Loading Screen

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by eco_official, Nov 13, 2015.

1. eco_official

eco_official Registered

Hello!

Whenever I'm trying to load up a circuit, the loading bar gets so close to the end but at a certain point it freezes and crashes my game.

Any reason why?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Could be a lot of things. Maybe running out of memory? Can you fill in your PC specs in your profile?

3. Mariopedros

Mariopedros Registered

Same freeze for me, then i get
    "gMotor 2 Error" - Mesh c6-wipers-a: Bone WIPERRIGHTBONE01 could not be found in anim file WIPER.ANM

I tried Steam integrity check, no luck...

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

So that narrows it down to a car. What car have you selected?

5. Mariopedros

Mariopedros Registered

Tried with multiple tracks and cars combo today, same crash.

6. Mariopedros

Mariopedros Registered

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I am assuming you come from the Steam version? Ok.

Go to your library, right click on rF2. Go to properties, Set Launch Options and type +workshop and save. Run the game's integrity check, then exit Steam and come back. Just to be sure all things are downloaded and in place.

8. Mariopedros

Mariopedros Registered

+workshop found one file, but the game still often freezes on track - loadingscreen, and crashing on trackexit to menu. Same G motor error. Tried with and without Simcommander4, same error. More than half the launches crash.

I got my first steam achievement, so something i going in the right direction. Now I just must find a way to invert ffb... not easy driving on a knife's edge
    Thanks for any help!

9. cabelo3d

cabelo3d Registered

I am in the same situation. However, in my case I got many errors, no just the one you mentioned. My Rig has 24gb ram, 6 core Intel processor and a 780ti videocard. I need some help to find a solution regard the crashes. Sometimes I can load a track/car combination but when change car or track it crashes, but the same car/track loads correctly if I restart the game (need to restart computer first tho).

10. Mariopedros

Mariopedros Registered

Suddenly the game is pretty stable for me, kept changing force 32bit, vsync, etc, have no clue what did the trick... Last hour only 1 crash

11. cabelo3d

cabelo3d Registered

Just started the game and it crashed again, this time, only with a rfactor 2 stopped working... :(

12. cabelo3d

cabelo3d Registered

13. cabelo3d

cabelo3d Registered

14. kwakaman

kwakaman Registered

Had the same problem on first steam launch plus other log errors.

Did the +workshop start up option and run integrity check. It found I that it deleted and also downloaded a new one (Guess was the corrupt one?)
    File name was "Core UI 1.0" which was not verified and removed from inventory by rF2 launcher.
    Tried again and it still stuck at 90% on race screen. Re started and verified again. Same result except launcher did not have any errors this time.
    I also remover HDR tick box and run in 32 bit.......worked ok.
    Restarted with 32 bit unchecked and worked ok. Not sure what the HDR does (records replays I am guessing?). Worked ok again.

About to test again soon. Also set resolution first.
    Hope this helps.

15. cabelo3d

cabelo3d Registered

I think my previous 2 posts were not approved by the admin but I took screenshots of the problem. But the issues are different and random. Is there any support from developers on this matter?

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

HDR in rF2 is a core feature to make the colors work properly in the game environment, it's visual only and you can turn it on.