rFactor 2 Now on Steam

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Steam only gives 2 options. The cheapest option, 31.99, requires you to buy 1 year of online separately. Unlike non-Steam, you will never be able to upgrade to lifetime (which would be a $52 affair). If you plan on playing the game for the next 4 years or some point beyond that, get lifetime.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

People bagged rF2 as too dear but they should have been questioning why the others are so dear to offline only.

ie: AC is 50% dearer then rF2 to offline all content.

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

In English, please?

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

"Can I upgrade from Standard to Lifetime?" FAQ updated. Allowing some Steam users upgrades from offline to lifetime: http://bit.ly/1WPSGD7

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Coolie p

lol p

PC is 100+ ( DLC)
    AC is 60 ( DLC)
    rF2 is 32

ergo AC is 50% dearer and PC 66% dearer to offline.............. can't be any plainer mate ? lol

Like I said many people complained about rF2 being too dear online.

But ......do you hear anyone complaining PC and AC are too dear for offline. ?

No you don't, which is hypocritical ain't it ? lol ;)

..it's a joke, forget it. p

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Too dear? What does that mean? Dear to online, dearer to offline. "AC is 50% dearer then rF2 to offline all content"?

7. wallywick

wallywick Registered

More expensive?

Sent from my iPhone using RF

8. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I don't know for sure either, but at least we aren't the only ones with this problem ;)

9. Justy

Justy Registered

Hehehe, it's a figure of speech. Dear, in the context DD used, means expensive. At least that's how I read it.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

10. Duvel

Duvel Registered

Tim, now the steam migration has had time to settle, i want to bring up something i mentioned on release. I've emailed Steam support and they said to speak directly with you guys. Can you look into different payment options for the yearly subscription on Steam? It's currently credit card only and i know a few peeps this will causes issues for. I know said people can just stay on the non-steam version, but it has some nice benefits (workshop, etc).

I know some other games have managed to get extra payments options for subscriptions through Valve, so please give it a try Tim. I mean, I can buy rf2 or rf2 lifetime on steam perfectly fine using paypal or steam wallet, just when trying to buy the 1 year sub, it only accepts credit cards. There must be a way to get it to work, even if it means offering the 1 year access via DLC instead of valves subscription model (which seems to force credit card).

11. 19stevo84

19stevo84 Registered

i hope they can sort this aswell as i will be subscribing for 1 year via steam and i want to do it via paypal i dont like putting my bank details on the internet i only do paypal.

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

There is.

It is called a instant Master card.

Master Card is accepted 100% and you can buy them almost anywhere in Australia, arse end of
    existence............so, I am guessing the rest of the world has them ! ?
    You do not need any ID whatsoever. ;) so strike that one too.

Of course this has a big con , you can't get a refund on a instant card or if you have used bodgey ID.

But then again, unless you the type of dill does not check out what they buy first, then you won't need a refund anyway will ya......

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2016
  13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

No you all have the problem if you can't do the Maths

OFFLINE:
    AC is 50% dearer then rF2

ONLINE:
    rF2 is 40% dearer then AC

ergo : rF2 is the best value overall.

If you can't see that go back to school learn maths and percentage.........

But all the nobs will STILL tell me 4 YEARS LATER ......rF2 is too dear ........

lool

dur.

BTW
    Yes dearer means more expensive, Google it, heaven help us.........

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2016
  14. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

OR, maybe you could use words more people understand ;) I have never heard of dear, or dearer in the way you used it. If you would just have said cheaper, or more expensive, then everyone would have understood. But you being easy to understand.... I guess we can't COUNT on that (pun intended)

EDIT :: but if I would have continued reading your post I would have seen that you figured that out:p

15. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

+1

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2016
  16. andreaglass

andreaglass Registered

Well, this is not a 100% valid argument. You can see kangaroos almost anywhere in Australia, and you better don't guess you can see kangaroos in the rest of the world. :p

Don't take it too seriously, it's a boring evening here. I couldn't resist.

17. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

Well i ending figured out myself, it works like any other game in Steam with recurring subscriptions:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8018-TAJK-6238

18. Andy Bonar

Andy Bonar Registered

Im sure this has been answered already but i cant find it.

Ive jsut moved to steam, but still have a non steam copy on my server to run a dedicated server. It still works as I do not log into it, and isntall content manually.

My question is, can i now install that version with steam so as to keep it up to date?

19. CCL71

CCL71 Registered

I'm a bit late to the party but can someone tell me how to convert over to a Steam account? I've had the key emailed to me but I'm not sure what to do next. The only options I see on Steam are to purchase rFactor again. Is that the case? Thanks in advance for you help.

20. Eddy

Eddy Registered