rFactor 2 Now on Steam

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I am on this one with you, I don't have a problem with manually downloading and updating as I like to have more control over it.

2. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

I think you just found a bug. I think I remember Tuttle or Tim saying you get automatically subscribed to all ISI content including new ones.
    Aren't there some users complaining about that feature?

3. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

I just got myself a new GPU. And was thinking of a clean install.

I have'nt tried steam version yet, is it better than the old way?

Right now my rf2 folder is 60 gb, I need to clean up!

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Both versions are the same game, if you were happy before there is no point in switching

5. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

I was more thinking of workshop and how to handle updates and all that.

But I'm fine with the old way. Just don't wanna miss out on things thru steam if there are benefits in there.

I also have steam allready for arma 3.

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I don't know if it's a Steam Workshop glitch or an issue or what but at the moment RF2 will not update when new official content (ISI/3PA) stuff comes out. Only content you already happen to have will be updated if an update comes out (and updates to the base-game of course). So, unless you always follow news, threads, etc. to research what official content becomes released so that you can manually go in and download yourself, your RF2 content list will not get updated (again, besides content you already happen to have).

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

That's not true at least for me. I got all the latest official content automatically. Though I'm not sure if Apple valley 1.06 was released afterwards in which case I haven't noticed Steam downloading it. It could be also that this fix was released before I logged in Steam so it was part of the downloaded package (haven't checked which version I have).

I just feel that sometimes it's unclear what it's downloading. I haven't checked lately how much 3rd party stuff there is in Workshop but about month ago there wasn't much yet.

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I don't use Steam for rF2 largely because what you described has been my experience with all the titles I do have in Steam. Most of them I don't really care, but I want to know exactly what versions of what are in my rF2 and when they are updating, so until/unless that aspect of Steam is ever changed, I'd rather handle it myself.

9. BillyBl4ze

BillyBl4ze Registered

This! At the moment rf2 on steam is not very user-friendly, starting from the blind downloads.

10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

By the way, maybe it`s just me, or it isn`t possible to search simply by title (all files / sorted by title) in the workshop?

11. stonec

stonec Registered

The whole point with Steam is to have the game automatically update (including content), not having to search for every car and track that gets released. When AC or pCars get new cars/tracks they will also be auto downloaded unless it's a paid DLC, but none seems to complain about that on their forums.

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

The whole point for me is, i dont want to have every bs on my disk or in my rF2 installation, e.g. half finished tracks/mods and ui`s. If the workshop contains ISI and 3PA stuff only, it would be fine, to get this stuff automaticly. But it isn`t...

13. SvenieShoarma

SvenieShoarma Registered

the workshop is great! Easy to use and if you subscribe to a mod or track it automaticly updates it. So easy compared to the 'old' way. You're always running the most recent version of a track/mod. It's also possible to install things the 'old' way with the Steam version.
    I see no reason why you don't go to steam version other than the league you are racing in is using an older built/version.

14. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Steam only download workshop content that you have subscribed too... if you subscribe for nothing, it will only auto download the ISI (3pa) contents.

15. stonec

stonec Registered

Eh... this is exactly what it does. If it downloaded every workshop piece ever released you would by now probably have a 1 TB rF2 installation.

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

But it should download all ISI/3PA stuff automatically which is what I thought was supposed to happen. i thought we were supposed to automatically be subscribed to "Image Space incorporated" and therefore automatically downloaded anything released. Instead, I have no idea what's what and what has come out since x time I played. I still have to mamually check news releases, forums, or car/track lists or whatever just so I can have my game updated.

It must be a Steam Workshop (SW) issue, not an ISI one. I guess SW doesn't allow you to subscribe to an actual user, but rather just 1-by-1 individual pieces of content.

1) Can you search content according to release date while filtering-out content you already have?

2) Can you filter/search results in order of user's/uploadeder's name?

3) Can you filter/search according to user/uploader in-order to have only content from that user/uploader show?

4) Can you filter/search according to mod-type? Eg. vehicles/cars, circuits, weapons/guns, maps/levels, graphics, sounds, UI, items.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2016
  17. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

Hello.

I search in this topic&forum, steam and google and didn't find the answer.

Can anyone tell me how this works and if i can turn auto-renewal off in any time (like in Iracing)?

Thanks in advance.

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I already answered you that the problem is on your end because I get ISI/3PA content automatically.

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Really? I'll try again.

20. 19stevo84

19stevo84 Registered

hi guys quick question here on rfactor 2 website you can get the standard game at $43.99 and it lifetime for $84.99 now the standard game at $43.99 says it includes 1 years online services now i am buying the game via steam will i still get the 1 years online services if i buy via steam.
    any info would be great cheers
    steve