rFactor 2 Now on Steam

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Maxcat

Maxcat Registered

.. never mind

2. bwana

bwana Registered

Sitting on my hands for the time being, Thought of buying both but not sure, if I can get an answer to the question Ive asked a few times ( Do steam users show in existing multiplayer server list or is sream MP exclusive to steam users ? ) then Id buy both versions. This will have a big bearing on existing leagues and if the members will all go steam or not thus potentially splitting up leagues and so on

3. nipzon

nipzon Registered

Does anyone know how this works and what the benifits would be?

4. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

I got one of my mate doing that this morning. Bought STEAM version and found our server (which is still non-steam) in the existing server list (he didnt know abt steam matchmaker) and connected in perfectly. No problem.

And he is logged in Liveracers results too....if that is anyway related.

5. bwana

bwana Registered

Thanks naz. So it works from steam to non steam but l guess not the other way ?

6. João Neves

João Neves Registered

I know that at the beginning was not possible transfer our remaining subscription to Steam version if we ask for a Steam key. Although, two friends of mine told me that they could transfer the lifetime subscription with no problem at all. But I have a year subscription, and I have about 160 days remaining. Would I can transfer these days to my Steam game if I asked for a key? Or this works only with lifetime subscription?

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ok so I'm assuming the Steam Workshop is in essence just like any other third party website which hosts RF2 mods in that there is no authorization from ISI or anything like that, right? So basically there can/will be a lot of content in the Workshop which is NOT in the launcher. Right??

I'm also guessing that there will never be a piece of content available for auto-download through the launcher which is not available from Steam Workshop. Correct?

Basically, forget the launcher, and use Steam Workshop for every single download the launcher has to offer plus more. Yes??

8. Dux

Dux Registered

I have the original rFactor2 bought for lifetime.

On steam is all more simple. One click installation, anywhere you want. Your game is on a cloud basically and safe.
    I want to move my rFactor2, which is installed right now of course, to steam. So i can have it in that way, not like now with keeping files and codes etc.

How can i move it to steam?
    Will i be still having that original lifetime product?
    Can i play it online?

9. Duvel

Duvel Registered

that's a shame, i hope you try to look into options with valve. don't underestimate how many people get money via the steam market which turns into steam wallet funds - i haven't bought a game with my own money via steam in years. AC plus it's two DLC packs were paid for thanks to drops from CS:GO, same with the content i have in raceroom experience.

I know plenty who have £10-20 in steam wallet every 3-6 months from drops in dota2, csgo, etc, which makes it hard to want to pay for games from your bank card when you have free money sitting there in steam wallet. At times I've had £150 steam wallet, so the idea of watching it sit there while i keep spending real money o games doesn't really appeal.

Millions of steam users are heavily into CSGO and dota2, and the steam market generates millions of pounds per week (probably per day). As said, i was expecting to use it for my sub, sadly cannot with the current pay methods.

don't know if this helps, Tim: https://steamcommunity.com/app/39210/discussions/0/540734168166033455/

and this: http://steamcommunity.com/app/243580/discussions/0/558754259645594141/

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2015
  10. Tokyodan

Tokyodan Registered

I am trying the rF2 demo on Steam but my wheel gets no FFB. Is there some other software or driver I have to install? (I'm on Windows 10)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11. Manav

Manav Registered

Hi Tim - Thanks for your responses! I would agree with Davex; think it would be better to have ISI content as DLC. The advantages are:

1. The game has free DLC which will attract more players and enforce ISI image of free content.
    2. The users can choose to have or not have ISI content saving on precious download time and HDD space.

Thanks

12. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Registered

Just re-purchased Liftime rF2 on Steam (just wanted a fresh install :) )...everything went great, runs smooth etc...BUT the cars that have lights when turned on are very dim, they hardly illuminate the car in front of them, compared to my other installation of rF2...Is there a setting I am missing???

13. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Good question. I'd like to hear the answer.

14. zaphod

zaphod Registered

9 pages full of information and sorry guys that I don't have the time reading through all of the already posted answers.
    but did anybody answer already to the question about non-ISI-mods like UnitedRacingDesign or ASRformula:
    1. can you install and use them in the Steam version?
    2. will they be deleted after an update if you put them manually inside the Steam installation?
    3. will they be sold as seperate DLC?

THX for a replay to a reading lazy sim-racer ; )

15. stonec

stonec Registered

1. You can use any mods with Steam version as before
    2. Not as far as I know. Only thing that is not supported is running on a different build than latest.
    3. Steam workshop doesn't support payware mods, outside of workshop it works like before.

16. AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo Registered

This has been answered a hundred times. On standard purchases, you lose whatever online time you have yet remaining if you transfer to Steam.

Obviously, if you have a lifetime subscription you can't very well lose that, it being what it is.

17. rongarz

rongarz Registered

I'm glad to see rFactor 2 finally on Steam. I hope it means good things for the future with the exposure to a wider player base. As an offline player without a lifetime version, I'll stick with my non-Steam version for now. I don't want to lose the stand alone license by converting to a Steam key. I did register rFactor 1 on Steam since we were allowed to keep both active.

If I decide to look into online again, I'll probably pick up a new Steam lifetime copy during one of the future sales.

18. Makatak

Makatak Registered

Is/will be there any possibility to use old build on steam? I drive in a league, that usually updates the game every Monday, and if there is something wrong we go back to old build. That feature is pretty important for many leagues i think, and even many players would like to migrate to steam they wont be able to because of that.

19. Sean McGowan

Sean McGowan Registered

Hi,

Congrats on the Steam release, this is going to be big!

Cheers,

Sean

20. RGrueira

RGrueira Registered

will be a paypal option to pay the multiplayer subscription?