rFactor 2 Now on Steam

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Source

Source Registered

2. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Correct, I'm keeping this standard account for non-steam use.

The last bit is incorrect, I have 217 days remaining on this non-steam standard account and online works as it should.

The lifetime account I just activated on steam uses a new gmail(where I copied the order confirmation from), not the hotmail that I have for standard and linked to this forum account and it won't launch online, it says 'Online access for this account has expired'. Any ideas why it would be doing this? It's definitely a lifetime key I bought.

3. João Neves

João Neves Registered

Good job. I just say that I don't like that we have to wait until our subscription ends in order to get our game on Steam. It should be direct, but I understand that must be really hard to do something alike and it can be dangerous to some users.

4. duko

duko Registered

I had lifetime key but now on steam i get the message : Online access for this account has expired.

5. Source

Source Registered

To all with "Online access for this account has expired", they are looking into it, just sit tight and wait for an official response.

6. patrikmarek

patrikmarek Registered

hmm, tempted
    probably will just update my version to steam offline

there is 40% promotion making the lifetime tempting, but I don't think I would do enough MP to justify the costs.
    If I have waited with buying my rf2 - which at the time of purchase was $44, I would be going for the lifetime with 40%, but since I already bought it - I don't think I want to put another $50 or so into it - eventhough I think you guys would deserve it :)

7. Rik

Rik Registered

Congrats and Thanks!!

8. vali

vali Registered

Something weird with the autosubscribe: when you start the game for the first time, the window with the notice stays there forever.

In my subscriptions there is only one of them. Killing the process and starting again add another one. I am subscribing to all of isi's just to see I the game starts as it should.

Edit: Yes, that did the trick. I hope not many people have this bug.
    edit2: Ouch, got the "Online access for this account has expired" too :(

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2015
  9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Ok, we think we've figured out the lifetime issue: We don't think it's been released by Valve yet. :( Kinda glad the form got closed now. Obviously we're working on this, but there will be a little back and forth over time.

Thanks for your patience with this. :)

10. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Congratulations ISI team!

11. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

12. 88mphTim

If you were lifetime and getting the 'expired' message on steam, please try again now.

13. Hectari

Hectari Registered

Yeah it's working now, cheers!

14. 88mphTim

Form re-enabled for a bit.

15. vali

vali Registered

Working now. If you still get the message, close the laucher and try again.

16. 88mphTim

Yay! Thanks for your patience.

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

AWESOME!

A) I hope future updates tie things further into steam. For eg. setting up auto-download (AKA "getmod") of cars and tracks to point to the steam workshop download instead of all that file hosting stuff you currently have to do.

B) I hope creating rooms/servers becomes much more intuitive and user friendly. For eg. in SCE I usually have my server set up in seconds. I just open the game, in the in-game UI I select create online game, choose a car, track, some rules and settings, done. I just read the server stuff and you have to open windows command prompt and type in dos-like commands to download stuff and do that everytime there's an update, create a folder, modules, and all sorts of stuff.

A UI (rather than dos type of suff) would be very welcome. It is a videogame afterall not an info-tech programming piece of software :)

C) I really, really hope ISI are still working on the "prototype" style server. Having an easy point-and-click UI to quickly select a car (or group of cars / series) and track, and then quickly change track to whatever you feel like - as you can do in RF1, SCE, etc. - would probably really help the online scene get even bigger and more used.

At the moment, there seems to be quite a bit of technicalities and steps involved for someone that simply and quickly just wants to go online with some friends and race like you can so easily, quickly, and intuitively do with RF1's/SCE's in-game multiplayer "create game" option.

D) Having said all that - creating multiplayer games/servers aside - this is a great first step for RF2 and Steam. The fact that ISI are not only on Steam, but are using the Workshop, is a HUGE step when it comes to mods. After, 10, 15 years, we now have the very best set-up, most organized, way of dealing with mods (cars, tracks, etc.). One place for everyone to go, with MOD-AUTOUPDATES to ensure all players are seemlessly kept up to date with all their cars, tracks, etc. This is FANTASTIC, and nothing like it has ever been done [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2015
  18. PaulG

PaulG Registered

Server sent my key immediately. Thanks for transitioning over to Steam.

19. Christian Rosén

Christian Rosén Registered

I can confirm it is working now, that was a quickfix, thank you! :-D

20. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Correct me if I'm wrong but who wants unnecessary clutter in the UI and launcher. Deal breaker for me unless I'm missing something.