New gaming system build for rFactor2 - Z170 or X99

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SpeedLab, Nov 12, 2015.

1. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Thx mate. Driver 353.30 works fine, but unfortunately there is problems with new drivers.

2. SpeedLab

SpeedLab Registered

@DrR1pper thank you for that very detailed and understandable answer. For the first time I think I understand well now. However that's not exactly the answer I want to hear as I'm not really happy to choke down the extra 500 bucks for the 5930 K. option.

Will someone at ISI please comment on why SLI in x8x8 is an issue in rFactor2 and if it can and will be resolved at some point.

I have seen multiple threads now about this issue and no technical comments about it at all.

3. SpeedLab

SpeedLab Registered

Accidental double post.

4. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

You're welcome. :)

Yeah, sorry about that, lol. After posting i did start to wonder whether maybe you would prefer not to know these facts since you're already spending quite a lot of money with the $2.5k option. Eeks! :S

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2015
  5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Speed

Here is my W10 after latest big update

Hardly 160GB, 15GB to be precise :p

[​IMG]

AS you see I use a archived 3TB hotplugged to test W10 run sims and stuff .........

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

It's also a single card too, not just SLI.

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Here is mine same price and got a BenQ 27" ;)

Performance wise in rF2 3.9GHz@1440p it would not lose a great deal.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Cx4Zpg

=====================

edit.

P.S. I am trying to answer more of the questions above I skirted over in PM since no one else will. hehehe

On the OS question of W7 vs W10.

Sorry you may have to translate, right click on any page you want to open then right click translate.

http://pclab.pl/art63999-62.html

What the article finds is a AMD GPU gains more with W10

Nvidia GPU gains here and there but not by much if at all and is faster then the AMD anyways.

So why buy W10 for that reason alone ? , you did say you prefer W7.

Get a new version of W7 Pro you get free W10, , download it onto USB and get product key then test both and decide which you like.

If you into any older games, sims, software I suggest you check out both first.

Don't be swayed because a few tests and articles show gains, find out for yourself.

;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2015
  8. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

This is bit off-topic but it seems that OT is interested about SLI performance in rF2.
    I believe that rF2 SLI problems is caused by out dated NVIDIA profile. This profile is from 22.09.2011. rFactor2 gmotor is updated many times and NVIDIA has released loads of drivers since 2011.
    In the bottom of NVIDIA Inspector rFactor2 profile are Undefined settings witch are the most important settings in rFactor2 profile and only NVIDIA can edit/make Undefined settings to rF2. Working SLI compatibility Bits 0x02D04005 (LEGO Batman 2, ...) with driver 353.30 was just a lucky coincidence and I doubt that it will never happen again with new NVIDIA drivers.

ISI has been asked many years about SLI support to rFactor2 and submit the latest build of the rF2 executables to Nvidia so that an updated working SLI profile can be created. ISI simply ignore Nvidia SLI users without giving answer if it is going to happen or not and therefore I made this thread witch you also should support : http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/26985-New-NVIDIA-SLI-profile

Maybe we get lucky you never know :)

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Yes, but the mysterious, massive performamce drop in rFactor 2 when using anything but PCI-E 3.0 @ 16x happens whether or not you're using SLI. Just making that clear to the OP :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2015
  10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

What about G-Sync Spin, I would be interested to know about this with rF2.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/g-sync/where-to-buy-g-sync-monitors-and-modules

Now that I can run DRS 2.25 good, things like this make me sick ! lol ;)

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...ffiliateID=9SHw.8narkE-niLOYAJ5__2p_seCOU_FSA

11. peterchen

peterchen Registered

G-sync is a dream! Believe me! Super-fluid gaming experience without any tearing or uncleanliness.
    However, it comes especially to shine when you have fluctuating FPS so when you here and there struggle a bit with performance.
    But even when you have stable FPS, the picture is more fluid, crisper, nicer, smoother.
    And it´s a kind of sync that doesn´t add any input-lag!

Seriously - when you think of buying a new monitor, never go without it (as long as you don´t own a AMD;) )!!!!!!
    That would be really wasted! Best feature since monitoring complex, moving graphics tp player, imo!

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Nvidia GSync and AMD FreeSync will make the image look very smooth and tear-free as if you're using VSync but while the framerates fluctuate. It also doesn't have the huge input lag gain of VSync although it does ad a touch but it's very small that you shouldn't really be concerned.

13. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Yes, like 2-3ms which is ~3% increase to overall input lag from mouse/keyboard input to pixel, compared to a no gsync or vsync enabled at all.

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

You need to watch out though because if the framerate goes close to your max refresh rate then regular VSync gets enabled (at-least with GSync it does) so always set the max framerate to a little under the your max refresh rate. For eg. set it to 139 or 140 fps if using 144 Hz, 116 or 117 fps if using 120 Hz, etc.

15. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Adaptive VSYNC less input lag then regular VSYNC. :)

Edit: What I mean is that In some situations, VSYNC ON (more lag) or Adaptive VSYNC (less lag)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2015
  16. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

+1

Yes, when frame rate is below trigger threshold.

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

+1

From what I read about Adaptive VSync, it fully disables VSync if your framerate drops below your monitor's refresh rate but, other than that, it's good'ol regular VSync.

18. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Correct.

19. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Blur Busters:
    "The improved motion clarity can make tearing and stutters easier to see at higher framerates than normal. To compensate for this, upgrade your GPU for better fluidity, use a 1000Hz mouse for better fluidity, adjust game detail settings for better fluidity, and adjust VSYNC ON / OFF / Adaptive settings. In some situations, VSYNC ON (more lag) or Adaptive VSYNC (less lag) can make LightBoost motion smoother looking."

20. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Not understanding what you're trying to point out with that quote.