rFactor 2 Build 1028 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 11, 2015.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

With the imminent release of rFactor 2 on Steam, we're happy to bring you Build 1028. This build brings in a large amount of fixes and changes that should make the product a more solid experience, whether you are using Steam or not.

We've also changed our demo content again, this time it is the Corvette C6.R and Formula Renault 3.5.

newdemo.jpg

Download Lite installer: 322MB
    Download Demo installer: 882MB
    Download SDK/Dev Mode: 355MB

Build Notes (Update 35, Build 1028):

FEATURES:
    - Improved detection of controllers by checking device VID and PIDs if it failed by device name (which could happen in some cases - apparently the names are not always consistent for identical devices).
    - Removed a couple unused PLR variables.
    - Added a new control "Load Vehicles" so you can load the full graphics and sound of temp cars while you are driving down a straight or parked at the side of the road.
    - Re-enabled some gizmos for brake wear and temps.
    - Defaulting camera zoom in and out to number pad 3 and 1, respectively.
    - Now sorting opponent filters alphabetically.
    - Added tire wear info to results file. Also, resume-from-replay now restores general tire wear.
    - Added HDV variable AIBumpstop in order to control some occasional physics instabilities.
    - Pressing Shift with the Increase/Decrease FOV controls will now adjust the seat pitch angle. In turn, that will be stored for the specific vehicle you are using.
    - Practice on by default
    - Removed tree structure from RFM tree scroll box.
    - Moved damage to near the top of the pit menu.
    - Added borderless window mode. This mode only works at current desktop resolution.
    - Added times for sector 1 & 2 from best lap to the plugin scoring data. (Not necessarily the best sector 1 & 2 times, which are already provided.)
    - Added cockpit.ini variable "DebrisIndexInCockpit=<x>" which makes instance DEBRIX<x> visible in cockpit view.
    - Now keeping the last 25 trace files.

MULTIPLAYER:
    - Added a boundary line between official ISI servers and all others on the multiplayer game list.

FIXES:
    - Scale the instant replay text and progress bar correctly.
    - Fixed loose objects that would fall asleep and become rather solid.
    - Disabled a few lines of code that overrode our intended defaults.
    - Reduced possibility of significant halts when someone joins in multiplayer.
    - Fix for AI's incorrectly trying to match non-AI driving lines on superspeedways
    - Fix for occasional select box misdrawing at resolutions other than 1920X1080
    - Fix for crash that happens when file defining a virtual vehicle doesn't get transfered to a multiplayer client.
    - Handled a potential crash caused by replacement vehicle having less tire compounds than the virtual vehicle.
    - Made AIs coming out of the garage at least try to avoid slow cars in the pitlane.
    - Fix for displaying a Race Events components from the RFM selector page, even when it's package file doesn't exist.

MODDING / PUBLIC DEV:
    - SDK updated to latest Options.
    - Recording path should no longer stick the 1st and last waypoint any closer than 80% of the defined waypoint distance.

Notes:

- You can (when available) install the dedicated server distribution from Steam as that works for both Steam and non-Steam matchmaker.

KNOWN ISSUES: rFactor 2 Build 1028 (NON-Steam)

- On rare occasion, when using "+connect" command via shortcut on server, users may need to retry multiple times when connecting to a password protected server.
    - Launcher Message will display: "Component "Core UI 1.0" failed to verify, removed from inventory"" In some rare cases this can cause issues with custom UI that also relies on core UI to handle some pages.
    - The rFactor2 Matchmaker list will not count clients that join a server using rFactor 2 Steam edition in the "player" column.
    - "RaceEvents" on workshop are not served by dedicated server. Non-steam clients and clients not subscribed to the workshop item will need to manually install "RaceEvents".
    Other known issues still to be found in knownissues.txt

2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Thank you!! :D

3. cosm1

cosm1 Registered

Found a bug, after the update I get stuck when clicking on launcher video settings

4. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Thanks!

A feature I wished for since the early rF1 days! Very cool, looking forward to see how well it works. :cool:

Interesting, but not very realistic to know the competitions tire wear after a race, is it?

What's the difference to 'normal' window mode at the desktop resolution?

About time. ;)

Missing a fix for the occasional 'laps lost' error when rejoining the server on practice and/or race that is present since 998. Hopefully just missing from the cangelog.

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Old mods don't work ?

P.S. they install through launcher okay but not in game

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2015
  6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Tell me I can turn HDR off and that poxy windscreen in F3. !

P.S. Thank the Lord I found it.

lol

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Old rubber don't work either ?

P.S. No biggie......... needed some new stuff anyways. :)

Tried to make new rubber does not show up only TestTeam medium ?

8. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Nice :)

9. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Thanks. A small change, but very appreciated.

10. DaVeX

DaVeX Registered

"Notes:
    - You can (when available) install the dedicated server distribution from Steam as that works for both Steam and non-Steam matchmaker."

Steam?But isn't released yet...no?

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Can you describe a bit more?

12. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

ah this could be the explanation for why lazza's plugin does not work anymore ^^.
    In any case I'm happy with this new function.

After installing the new build I had to rework the controller setup because my old settings did not match the original defination.

And thank's for: Made AIs coming out of the garage at least try to avoid slow cars in the pitlane.
    :)

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I usually paste packages , start rF2, untick "all cars and tracks" , click a mod click ACCEPT.

It will not let me click ACCEPT anymore

I have to do through launcher

P.S. okay once everything was booted they work again, never seen that before.

===========

I made new rubber and all I can select in Menu in test-team that changes from Green

In dedicated menu I can set new rubber but I do not see it, slippery as heck.

P.S.
    The rubber is okay just took a full lap to appear.

Still can't select rubber profiles in launcher menu only in the dedicated menu.

14. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Thank you ISI! ;)

15. rafnix

rafnix Registered

16. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

Dunno if this has been introduced since the update or was always there as just got the blancpain endurance series cars today but when I first get in them they are fine but at some point the road starts reflecting in the banner part of the windshield at the top... Looks rather odd!

17. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

DD could you possibly test a bit more before screaming "Bug!" - looks like you P.S'ed all of them as not a problem anyway :p

18. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

Testing again... It was fine till I hit the tire wall and then this reflection of the road surface appears again!

19. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

picture attached

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Why I do that I got no idea. :rolleyes:

Must be the BP I guess ! ......... :rolleyes:

Still cant load rubber profile in offline menu. ( AS you can CLEARLY see by Pic .no arrows is there )

So no there is a problem.

Not too mention looking at gaps in rim and tyre for 4 years...........

P.S.

Where is everyone !@!
    Been in my room for 3 hours.

and you tell me to bug test. lol