Why was the thread closed?

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Nov 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pleclair

pleclair Registered

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

That is content developed by a third-party, URD. Kunos contracted them for that work and URD was able to retain rights to distribute with some conditions like 60-day exclusivity to Assetto. You converted Kunos-made content.

3. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Ok, so it's only an URD thing then? Oh well... I guess you guys will see a URD nord soon then... a shame, cause the work is already done.

Too bad.... sorry about the false hopes then...

4. RaceDoedel

RaceDoedel Registered

And you did a great job with the convertion.
    I had a chance to try for some laps. Awesome !

I drove the AC version today for 2 or 3 hours and then for 30 mins the rf2 version.
    Its a shame thats not allowed to have this fantastic track in this fanstastic qualitty.

But ok, I removed it because it seems not to be legal :(

But again: GREAT JOB !:cool::eek:

5. Justy

Justy Registered

This thread has left me very confused, did I miss something? URD do cars, not tracks, no? The article doesn't mention anything about Nords. I love Pleclair's version of Nords, it may not necessarily be totally accurate, but it has its own unique character, which I personally enjoy very much.

EDIT: Sorry, saw the other thread now... makes more sense now. :eek:

6. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Well, here what happened.. I got a notification that I had a comment on YouTube, saying that I could release my nordschleife track, and the guy posted me the link about the article I posted in my OP.. after reading it, I was really excited, I uploaded the track to mega, and opened a thread here about it, only to see it taken down 5 minutes later.

7. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

RF2 Silverstone, Malaysia and perhaps Interlagos has conversion into other simulators, almost certain

8. delapecs

delapecs Registered

Hi pleclair, nice to see you again in the forums. I just posted to thank you all the hard work you did on the track, without you, we would not have Nordscheleife in rfactor 2.
    Best whishes

9. Justy

Justy Registered

Understood, thanks for clearing that up Pleclair.

10. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Hi pleclair. Just want to say thanks for your hard work on the nords. Without you we wouldn't have this great legendary track. Cheers

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

11. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Add my name to those thanking you for Nords! Every time I see the nice, rounded terrain and the beautiful forests I thank you again. Best to you PLeClair!

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Peclair, can you PM me with your Nords and any other tracks you converted?

Is this an actual legal issue or just some un-written, modder's, "spirit-of-the-rules" type of rule? If it's the latter, I say release it. I used to spend 40 - 80 hours or so making CD mixes for people, parties, etc. I would NEVER tell anyone to not burn a copy of my CD to play at at their house or rip parts of my work and include it on their mix. Why would I care? Spread the love. Why only make a select group of people happy rather than as many as possible? It's no different with tracks; if i only had time or only was interested in making a track for Game A, why the heck would I care if people converted it to Game B? In-fact, isn't it a good thing if others converted the track? I mean, if I only made the track for Game A then why would I not want everyone (Game A, Game B, Game C, etc.) playing it? Why the hate and discrimination?

It's sickening and egotistical that so many modders want to ban people playing a different game from using their tracks.

Again, if it's an actual legal or business issue then of course that's a different story but that isn't the case with 99% of modders.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2015
  13. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Not here. The original thread has been already closed.

Emails, PMs, Pigeons, whatever...but not here in the forum.

AGAIN; It is not about sharing the love. It is about licenses.

14. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Ofcourse its an legal and bussines issue. You think Kunos got the licence, scanned the track and made it all for free? They are selling it as DLC.

Sometimes it seems that you are writing stuff just to write something out of pure boredom, not thinking before..

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Exactly, like I said, if it's a business and/or legal issue then that's a completely different story as I clearly wrote in my post, and twice at that.

Prodigy, read my post. I mentioned that twice and the reason i wrote that was because I was posting generally about ALL CONTENT INCLUDING MODS. I have done things in other areas (music) similiar to what many modders do for games and it's disgusting how many modders WITHOUT BUSINESS/LEGAL TIES don't want tracks of theirs used in other games.

Again, I was speaking generally, not specifically about just AC's Nords.

People seem to have personal issues with others around here. Chill out people. No need for so much personal hate and negative attitudes.

16. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I really didn't mean to cause any harm here.

But, I thought that since URD was allowed to convert any content (even premium), as long as it have been released for 60 days, then I thought there would be no problem for me to release it.

No where in the article it was mentioned that URD was the only one allowed to convert AC stuff to rF2.

Again, I'm sorry, and did not want to bring troubles over here... and that's also why I never came to the forum when I was working on this conversion last spring. It's been done for months...

If you don't mind people sending me pms about the track, I will gladly share it with those who ask for it.

Thanks everyone for your warm comments about the track and work I've done. It's been a real pleasure to have been able to do this. I enjoyed myself much, and learned a whole lot in the process. So, I also thank you.

As for me, we have moved from Sherbrooke this July, and we are now located in the small city I grew up. We are enjoying ourselves much better here.

When pCars was released, I did played a whole lot, and had to stop playing because my hands and feet were sore... :) Must have driven like 25-30k kms on the nord over there.

I took a break, and now, a new racing game is getting my attention. I doubt many of you have even heard about it, but it's called Racecraft. I doubt it will find many supporters here, because the physics are probably not sim enough, but I actually enjoy it pretty good myself.

The game main feature, as you can guess from the name, is procedural tracks. And something it does exceptionally well, even at this very very very early stage. The tech demo just came out 30th of october, and the steam early access release is due late this month.

You can check it out at playracecraft.com, and if you do, I highly suggest you check out their dev blog, it has a bunch of nice articles explaining how it works, etc..

I'm involving myself as much as I can to help the devs shape it up, as they are really opened to ideas. I think this game has immense potential.

Ever since I started work on the Nord, I pretty much only driven on it. I did try out a few tracks from pCars, even liked some a bit... but I dunno, always went back to Nord. However, the tracks generated by Racecraft are really fun to drive on. They have done a heck of a good job at it.

Check out my YouTube channel if interested, I got a few videos of it already: YouTube.com/pleclair75

17. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.