It's official - Offline racers are cooler than online racers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by P.S.R., Nov 1, 2015.

1. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Not a single MP race with Mills since release pfffffft

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Good thread, well done.

3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Indeed!

4. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Yes good one. In my mind the following five points makes you cool offline racer:
    1. Limited or inappropriate social interactions.
    2. Tendency to discuss self rather than others.
    3. Obsession with specific, often unusual, topics.
    4. One-sided conversations.
    5. Inability to understand social issues.

:cool:

5. Navigator

Navigator Registered

So.....one is all this when he or she rather drives offline?
    Why start picking a fight with (lets say) half the community?

6. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

The irony is palpable.

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

If they are the coolest, then Leagues are the most up themselves

When do you ever see them in a open room these days, nah they are too good for it.

I asked 3 years back if all leagues could spend maybe a hour or 2 in open rooms. Fell on death ears....

That is why new releases get barely enough runners when they go up on server.

.......and you got a hide top pick on offliners for anything when it is leagues do sweet all to help rF2
    online numbers for open rooms.

Now they have all their leagues set they do not give a toss about others.

8. willevans

willevans Registered

So all those who prefer to race the AI or just strive to perfect their driving offline are socially inept?

9. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

I think that is a generalisation. On the rF2 Asia server you will often see track and car combos available for open racing (example last night) and even our league races are not passworded, so you can race as an extra in a league event (and get points for it if you want)

I suspect there are many reasons for people not going to open servers (mine is unsually that I schedule race time around the league now) but not every league (or league server) is a closed shop.

A suggestion to OP: Start your own server. You could end up with the most popular online place to race with a bit of promotion

10. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Hey guy's don't shoot WhiteShadow, he is talking about P.S.R. only and imho his points are valid

11. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

Offline is great place for slow drivers to feel like winners

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

So much implying.
    Because a league doesn't open its server they are automatically too cool and to good for it.
    Oh wait, not just one league, all leagues. Good job Durge, it must be so simple to be you.

why would they listen to you? Do you read your posts?
    Loads of leagues open their server for set times, they all need to recruit. it happens, enough, if not allot.

Launching a new release is asking for trouble, all you get is people whom want to try out the new thing and then get bored with it after 30 minutes or 2 days.
    For league drivers this is no fun at all, they have to go back from a controlled secure environment where they know how others race and behave, into a hazardous scene where people crash, ram, don't know the rules, ask questions like which way is turn 1, how do I brake and comment on drivers being faster whom must be cheating and on and on.

And then after 2 days when the new release has worn out and people jump to the 'next new release' the league drivers are left dazed and confused demanding their admins stop opening up their server, after all its the members whom paid for it in the first place, why let a bunch of pickup racers ruin it for them?

And zero% of those people will ever return to their server, they will never join their league. So what's the point?
    Besides the opportunity to whine about it on forums like little girls.

In an effort to revive our League since rf2 arrived we've launched over 50 public events, pushed our (open) club events (twice a week, every week, since the dawn of time)
    In those 50+ public events we made sure we tried every format/combo we could find to try and attract people from outside the league

Ever since rfactor1 arrived we have made continuous efforts to coach and guide new drivers not knowing what to do with the sim software. And in doing so creating dedicated members and moreover; dedicated simmers.

We have done so till the very end, a few months ago, and now we are hibernating because no activity. So much for 'opening up' to the community eh?

And I for one, knowing quite some leagues and their admins, know other leagues work in similar ways because recruiting and new blood is essential for any league to continue.

But nope, we are too cool, too good for it, whilst instead we should immediately cater for the needs of unknown pickup racers when a new release is upon us. because that is the only way to show we care about simracing.

So, I could tell you to do something to yourself Durge, but you're not worth me getting banned over.

And if we are really classifying drivers simply because they chose (for whatever reason) to either drive on or offline, then all hope is lost.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2015
  13. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

You don't half talk a lot of rubbish PSR.

We was just racing Mills online last night in the Corvette as it happens.

14. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Do you mean that IT professionals and Bankers race off line?

15. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

BTW there is a 12 hours of bathurst planned, see onwheels TV

16. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Been there but my tastes are quite specific...

17. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Haha so is online

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Haha man, arent you taking it a bit too serious.

I have read twice the posts on this thread and I see heat without reason.

I thought I knew English well but I really dont see here what the fuss is about.

Kevin did another of his famous :rolleyes: threads and you all fell for it? (btw Birtwell is already having Mills at his server lol so whats the point).

As for servers closed or not, Ill go with DD on this, closing servers in non scheduled race days means closing the door at new players, I think thats bad as we all were new once.
    As for trying new releases, its up to the majority of members to decide, as simple as that.

19. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

All what he said. +1bilion

Some people have no idea how hard it is to build a league and how easy you can destroy it. And nowadays with more "options" on the market it is actually being a pain to get more drivers (people that won't have attention span of 2 laps) in some cases.

20. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Ive never seen that, all people who have joined our league do their best to cope with the rest.
    Accidents happen a lot, but when you join a league you realise you will be racing with fellow players, otherwise you dont do it.

btw maybe discussion now is out of OP but Im not sure what OP was about anyway lol.