Bathurst track tree improvements

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Mikec87, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Mikec87

Mikec87 Registered

Hi everyone,

I know this is a long shot, but here goes.

The recent release of the Bathurst track is a great addition to the rFactor 2 stable. But, it has a few issues, one of the biggest, I feel, are the trees and how they do not reflect the real track. As I have lived near the real track for 20 years and recently drove around and recorded a slow lap, I am wondering how it would be possible to try and replace/modify/remove/add trees so that the track is more accurate to real life?

I hope that someone can steer me in the right direction to contact the appropriate people to have a go at doing this. My lap in my little Daihatsu Cuore

Thanks in advance,

Mike :)

2. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

lack dawn in RF2 version , but still they are very well made

3. mrmat01

mrmat01 Registered

The drain (grate) going into Reed Park is in the wrong spot & the wall on the left just as you tip into the esses should read Brock's Skyline & I do agree about the trees. But I this is still one of the best reproductions of Bathurst in a sim to date. I too use to live out the back of the circuit & know it well

4. bwana

bwana Registered

First thing I noticed was the lack of trees close to the track and their height. still love the version but the trees add to the tunnel effect in certain parts IRL.

5. CGWEEGEE

CGWEEGEE Registered

It would be a good idea to take photos of the trees surrounding the track first, so they could be used as a perfect reference for creating tree textures.