Dedicated Server Works only wihtout password !

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by typ85q, Oct 27, 2015.

1. typ85q

typ85q Registered

Hello @all,

since yesterday I am trying to setup a Dedicated Server on my Windows 2008R2 Root-Server.
    Now finally it's working but only when I a start the dedi without a password. I tried to install rF2 into three different partitions with and without admin rights but nothing solved my problem.

If the server is setup without password I can connect and the autodownload of my rfmod will start immidiatly, but if a password is set I can enter the password and the loading screen appears and after few seconds getting the message "mod could not be installed / mod download failed".

Any ideas or solutions ?

kind regards
    typ85q

2. crz

crz Registered

Do you have by any chance multiple servers running on the same machine? I had the same issue and the solution was to set the cpu affinity for every dedicated server to run on a different core. Noel Hibbard explained it pretty good in this post:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/23851-Passworded-Servers?p=342578&viewfull=1#post342578

As an example these are the parameters I start one of my servers with: "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Bin64\rFactor2 Dedicated.exe" +profile="player" +procmask=1

You can also set it in the task manager if you right click on the rFactor2Dedicated.exe but you'd have to do it every time you start up the server so the method above is the preferred one.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2015
  3. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Also make sure you restart the server when changing the password. There is/was a bug where changing the password in the UI would only change the sim server password but not the HTTP server password. This bug may have been fixed, I haven't tested in a while. But to be sure, after changing the password in the UI, be sure to then restart the server so that the HTTP server also picks up the password change.

The HTTP server is what is used to download the vmod. So when it first prompts for the password it may let you in but then when it goes to download the vmod it will fail because the HTTP server is still set to the old password or no password at all.

4. typ85q

typ85q Registered

I am running only one dedi, but this solution is working for me, and one more question, what about the performance of the dedi when it runs only with one core ?

5. typ85q

typ85q Registered

@crz
    Hi,

no I am running only one server, sorry I am trying to run one server :)

But the solution above works for me, I have test it with "+procmask=1" and "+procmask=3" both options are working well.
    And how about the perfomance of the dedi whent it runs with only one core (+procmask=1) ?

And I do not understand why I have to set the affinity ?
    I seutp and run rFactor1, GTR2, Race07, dedi's for many years on the the same machine and never had to setup the affinity for any game.
    Currently on my Root are Running following dedi's:
    1xrFactor2
    1xGTL
    1xAssetto Corsa
    1xpCars
    any known incompatibilty for rFactor2 with one of the mentioned other games ?

@Noel
    it make no difference, it's only working with the option "+procmask=1".
    But allow me to ask another question regarding your tool/app "GetModManager". I tried to work with it but I am getting an error on my root and my privat computer.
    My Root is an windows2008R2 and my privat computer is a Windows 7x64.

many thanks for the quick reply and help so far !

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015
  6. typ85q

typ85q Registered

@crz
    Hi,

no I am running only one server, sorry I am trying to run one server :)

But the solution above works for me, I have test it with "+procmask=1" and "+procmask=3" both options are working well.
    And how about the perfomance of the dedi whent it runs with only one core (+procmask=1) ?

And I do not understand why I have to set the affinity ?
    I seutp and run rFactor1, GTR2, Race07, dedi's for many years on the the same machine and never had to setup the affinity for any game.
    Currently on my Root are Running following dedi's:
    1xrFactor2
    1xGTL
    1xAssetto Corsa
    1xpCars
    any known incompatibilty for rFactor2 with one of the mentioned other games ?

@Noel
    it make no difference, it's only working with the option "+procmask=1".
    But allow me to ask another question regarding your tool/app "GetModManager". I tried to work with it but I am getting an error on my root and my privat computer.
    My Root is an windows2008R2 and my privat computer is a Windows 7x64.

many thanks for the quick reply and help so far !

7. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered