Full Yellows is not working for DW12 indycar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AUSTmike, Oct 26, 2015.

1. AUSTmike

AUSTmike Registered

hi guys.. i need some help!.. when i go to run a race with the dw12 indycars at indy offline i can-not get full coarse yellows to work! i have full yellows set in the options of the game and i even used the mas2 utility to open the DW12_Indy_10.mas file to extract the rfm file and then open the rfm file with notepad and change the SafetyCarOvalMult = 0.60 to 0.20 (lower value i was told gives more senitivity and causes the safteycar to come out!

SpinOvalSeverity = 0.00 to 2.00 {higher value will cause full yellow coarses} but i have tryed these and saved the rfm file placed it back into the mas file with mas2 utility and all i get all the time is only a local yellow and NOT full yellow can anyone help out with this as in real life the indycars have full coarse yellows in their rules!

2. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

have you tried changing ?...

SafetyCarRoadMult=

3. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

If you're racing ovals, Have you tried using the stock car rules plugin that came with the latest build? Might make a difference.

4. AUSTmike

AUSTmike Registered

Thanks guys yes after some changing with the "safetycarroadmult to 0.20 i now get full yellows it looks like indy 500 is under the road coarse settings in rf2 .thanks for the heads-up on that! thanks also pearse for the stock-car plugin dll file. i couldn't open the dll file in notepad? to make any changes! but your input is much appreciated ...cheers buddy!

just one thing if you know it i get the cars wheels disappearing ahead of me when the cars bunch up under yellow it seems to be a graphic look ahead issue is there a way to adjust a setting to see all cars ahead and behind in both views...cheers and thanks again!

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Options -> Display, change the "Visible Vehicles" from 16.

6. AUSTmike

AUSTmike Registered

I have visible vehcles at 30!...would it be a videocard setting or something like that!...its kind strange how you see the body of the car but the front wheels disappear at a certain point of the distance

7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

By any chance, did you repacked the rfmcp file (with the new mas), too?

What is your ingame setting for opponent detail?

8. AUSTmike

AUSTmike Registered

HI Juergen-BY ..my setting for opponent detail is "FULL" and yes i repacked the rfm file back into the mas file for the DW12_Indy_10.mas...any ideas on any other setting for the game or videocard!..cheers

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Nah...i meant, have you repacked the rfcmp file (ISI_DallaraDW12_2014-v163.rfcmp), too? Indeed, with the new made mas file.

10. AUSTmike

AUSTmike Registered

No!... do i need to do that! all i did was open the Dw12_Indy_10.mas file as this in the rfm folder of the game!..the game does run with the full yellows now so it did work!

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, sorry, I only read the second half of your sentence above properly ("setting to see all cars ahead and behind") and missed the wheels bit.

Only thing I can think of is Auto Detail FPS in the options, which can make car bits disappear in an attempt to keep the FPS up. If you have set that to a number try turning it off. Otherwise I'm not sure why that would happen.

12. AUSTmike

AUSTmike Registered

Auto details FPS setting is off all settings in game is set to full so i moving onto the video driver settings and just mess around with these till i get this "parts of the car" missing problem...thanks for your help!

13. AUSTmike

AUSTmike Registered

found the solution to the full yellows!..you have to create a vmod mas file in the mas2 utility! drop this file into your rf2/installed/rfm folder