Safety rating

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by RNeves, Oct 24, 2015.

1. RNeves

RNeves Registered

I feel that RF2's major flaw is the absence of safety ratings and race ranks, in order to provide some clean online racing without having to be registered in leagues.

The site below made this possible in Assetto Corsa:

http://www.minorating.com/

Why isn't ISI investing in something like this??

Maybe ISI can reach an agreement withe the site creators and make the service available to RF2.

I think this is the next great thing to do, because this game has the best physics around!

2. MMartin

MMartin Registered

+1

But in the case of AC the developer has done the job by himself without the game creator support... I think

3. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Reiza said they want to do something for AMS I suggested them a partnership with Liveracers so leagues can all link their results to a single place rather than one for each league.
    Maybe ISI could try something like that

4. MMartin

MMartin Registered

RakService (hosting service) may be also a good partner. I think RS already has a partnership with minorating.

5. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

If you're really into the whole sim racing snobbery thing join iracing and come back here and let us know if safety rating is the end all be all.

6. RNeves

RNeves Registered

In fact, when I want to do some online racing, I use IRacing just because RF2 has no safety rating system or any similar system... And that's the only flaw I can see in this game right now...

I wouldn't mind paying more for my online subscription just to have some clean racing online.

IRacing's success sure isn't achieved with its physics engine.

If you call snob to a person that just wants to finish an online race, that's fine for me, but I can asure you that the most dificult part for me in IRacing was to be able to leave the oval rookie class... Lower classes are filled with reckless divebombers...

Cheers

7. Marketcrash16

Marketcrash16 Registered

What an idiotic reply. The op never ever said it was the "be all, end all" and this IS a wishlist thread. It would be nice to know the skill and experience levels of those you race against. Nothing wrong with that. I personally think the rf2 servers simply aren't busy enough to have to create splits based on rating. Would still be a nice to have and could be seen as a career progression of sorts.