Steam version suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GDUBMX, Oct 21, 2015.

1. GDUBMX

GDUBMX Registered

Hey all,just wanted to throw some observations out there regarding the forthcoming steam release of rf2. Firstly forgive me for perhaps getting this wrong but I found the transition from upgrading my demo to full version quite disappointing, I was expecting to activate and for my UI and content to transform into a huge download and unlock diffrent features, sadly it didn't so perhaps I did something wrong. The biggest disappointment however I felt was the lack of single player career mode or series mode. This I feel is a key feature to any successful racing game which will appeal to a wider scope of racers. I can understand not wanting a wider crowd as it allows poor racers to come in relatively easy and after all we all want to race clean. I'm super pumped on the game and everything about it otherwise.having to seek out more tracks and cars just to spice it up was slightly annoying I must admit but once I found some things I wanted I was more than happy. these are simply my first impressions however and I just want the best for this game. So there's my 2 cents, sorry if it offends anyone, I'm just trying to add some constructive opinions. Thanks

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Tapatalk

2. SVO

SVO Registered

When you open the launcher and click on Content and then Remote Content you have 2 pages of tracks and cars. You can select them all download and install. I did have 2 tracks that would not install however, but it was a minor nuisance.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Seems you are disappointed without knowing what Steam will be. :)

Could be you can wipe everything and click steam install.......at least that is what my steam sims do.

What makes you think it will not be the same for rF2 ?

Actually I would not want a normal Steam delivery.

For one it means all content would need to be installed then removed.

For AC I would like a full control of what I install, why cant steam have a content window at setup for what you want ? ......there is a idea ! p

rFactor2 already lets you do that but. !

P.S.

Championship wishlist for next ISI sim, I agree with you. Maybe not Career

It was pretty easy to check or ask if this was ever going to be included in rF2 which I pretty sure they said No a long time ago so it should not be disappointing.

In fact I would like online championships as well in next ISI sim p
    Make that work so a bunch of guys with no league can run a championship online every day of the week or month and save them and the results ( include live racing or some such thing in the sims cost )

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  4. GDUBMX

GDUBMX Registered

Yeah lol I kinda got trigger happy at the game before really looking into the career aspect. Its fine tho, just need to get involved in some kind of online series now. Great ideas btw.

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Tapatalk

5. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

For championships, you're supposed to use external tools that use stats collection

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/24421-rFactor2-Log-Analyzer-ver-2

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/24650-Offline-challenges-with-r2la

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  6. Minibull

Minibull Member

I have a feeling that proper career type stuff won't happen in rF2, at least in a first party sense. It would take a lot of time and effort for a full blown fancy career, which I'm sure they would rather spend developing the actual engine more. Maybe a simple track list and race rules choice, then it just assigns points to each driver, a real basic sort of thing.

Also, there are great leagues around in rF2 which give you much more real excitement. A proper championship with real drivers, what more could be better in our virtual racing careers haha.

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I would've preferred a proper Championship from ISI rather than using the 3rd party tools, after all it was there (albeit very basic) in rFactor1 so there must be some reason why they didn't include it in RF2 from the start, either way I found that disappointing the day I "opened" RF2 all those years ago. I have since learnt to deal with it and used a 3rd party program when I wanted which was fine, but there was always that nagging feeling that it'd be better off in game.

For me it's just one of the many small things that would make RF2 an even better game, sometimes the tiny details add up to make a better experience and I just find RF2 lacking somewhat in certain places, maybe I'll start a new thread and talk about them all later.

8. rhamm

rhamm Registered

Yes, which is quite ridiculous for a game on Steam.